Interview Experience & Practical Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
do you still have your materials available?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey could you msg me the details of the materials if you still have them?..thanks

I have a UTECH supersilent compressor that has a foot pedal, attachments for handpiece. I am willing to sell it for $550. (No discount on this) . I will ship it for free if it is within my limits. It works perfectly and has money back guarantee within 5 days. Ship it at your cost if returning!

Mounting pole is $70

Columbia typhodont costs 120$. Extra teeth are for dollar a tooth.

Free Pacific manual along with above package with instructions on how to, how much etc. Also, matrix bands and tooth separators will be provided so you can use to protect adjacent teeth from nicking in the exam. Free new and old burs to practice. In short, getting a package means getting as much material as needed for practice!

Whatever you order with the compressor...is free shipping. If you order just the Typhodont, you pay for the shipping.

IMPORTANT: When You write to me, please write in this format...

"I need the compressor and mounting pole. I will pay 550+70. "

OR

"I need the columbia typhodont and
1)Tooth # 8 (5 teeth)
2)Tooth #30 (8 teeth) OR as many as you have.
etc"

Im tired of receiving mails like "Im interested in your material. Can you tell me how many teeth you have". I cant sit and count all the teeth.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey can anybody tell me what is there in the secondary application for washington dental school?...Do they ask you about the technicalities of dentistry or general essay based questions?

does anyone know which series of columbia typodont is used in umich bench test 860 or larger ones??

has anyone heard of the international dentist central`s mock interview package?is it useful??..lemme knw wat u think??

Hi Guys

I have a quick question, when asked to prep an MOD on a Maxillary molar -(Given:the tooth has caries that has penetrated the DEJ but no additional caries removal is required beyond the ideal cavity depth).

Does this imply going through the oblique ridge?

I will appreciate your reply

Thanks

improve Access

Hi Improve Access
Unless and until it's mentioned that the various undermines the oblique ridge, we never cross the oblique ridge. Prep MO and DO seperately. Do not join them.

Can anyone share his/her bench test and interview experience at Goldman Henry Boston University?
Any help would be much appreciated..thanks in advance!!

I want to share my experience with my interviews while it is still fresh. Might help some people in the future.

I really got impressed with UTHSCSA interview. It was the most pleasant of all. First of all, they call a very small group at a time. That means they give you ALL the attention you deserve. I interviewed with another 7 people. You get there and the director of the program knows you by name before you even introduce yourself. Seriously. He goes through the work of checking your picture before.
We all sit on a table with him, we get to ask all the questions we want. We get to introduce ourselves to everyone on the table. We really get very comfortable with the place and with everyone before the interview, making it a lot easier. Plus, I think the director himself gets to meet us a little better by spending more time with us.
He personally takes us on a tour around the school.
We have lunch with the current students. Get to talk to them and ask all our doubts.

Finally in the afternoon you are interviewed by 2 faculty. They get to interview only 2 or 3 candidates that day. I really think it makes a huge difference compared to certain schools that make one person interview about 10 candidates on a day.

I was asked the basic questions we expect to be asked. Just one person got dental related question. Why move to the US/ are you prepared to become a student again after being a dentist for so long/ what are your future plans/ what were your accomplishments/ how good is your patient management skills?/ what other schools did you apply?/ where do you want to go to school the most and why?/ any questions you want to ask?/ weakness and strengths?

I thought it was great the director really emphasized the importance of having a " whole package". And this is true guys. I still see so many people asking " how much did you get on your national board?" . ONCE YOU ARE INTERVIEWING IT DOESN'T MATTER! you are all in the same level.

The day after we do 2 preps ( gold crown and MO) nduring two hours ( a lot less time compared to UOP) and in a manikin head- they provide everything, including handpiece. You can take your own burs and they provide matrix band and wedges. 4 essays questions ( 2 dental related and 2 personal for English skills/personality evaluation probably), build up of the oclusal surface of a tooth with composite- just adding- removing is not allowed, you are not given a handpiece ( a model is given, so it is not hard at all. Much easier than carving).

Rolling admissions. You are a good fit you get the call on the day after. Or you hear back later, doesn't mean you are not gonna be accepted if you don't hear right away. 10 positions are offered. Cheaper for Texas residents. A high rate of students are later accepted in graduate programs. Students were all very proud of the school, having some great extra curricular exposure also. some however said you can get unlucky with a professor and be stuck with him/her for the entire years ( I guess it happens everywhere). the real down side? Well... It is Texas! How can you compare Texas to California and cities on the east coast? It is so damn boring and hot. But San antonio is cute, close to kind of fun Austin. Plus.. 2 intense years you won't really get to go out and enjoy the place that much anyways.

Anyways. They REALLY impressed me and did a great job. I got to UT with no expectations thinking it would be a good " back up" program if I got accepted. Left thinking it was one of my favorite choices
Hello,

I got interview call from san antonio dental school..As this is my first interview, I am bit nervous.
I was reading your thread back in 2009 - when you went for interview. I would like to know - what do they ask in interview process? do they explain what to do in bench test? Thanks a lot.

I am selling my extensive bench test materials, that includes all needed hand instruments, slow speed, high speed and compressor / regulator unit that is ready for work! email me if interested: sqweeq1(at)gmail.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

SDN has given so much information to me, thought of sharing my whatsoever little experiences with you all..hoping it would help..
From my experience with interview, I would like to say the process is really cool and comfortable...do not treat as some sort of awkward conversation...just know yourself and know what you want...be comfortable with yourself...do not freak out, that will only make it hard for you...
Some of the repeated questions I faced in my interviews:
Tell me about yourself was asked always, just the form was changed...
Questions about my childhood and family were asked?
Questions about my professional journey?
About my interest in Dentistry?
About why dentistry in USA?
About why this School in particular?
None of this was unexpected so I can say mostly it is that you prepare the basic questions well. Whenever I was interviewed, I was made so comfortable that I almost thought I had a conversation with a colleague...
The opening question is most important, but it sets pretty much the tone of the entire interview..know what you are saying in your answer..

I really do not have any thing new to share, but still thought of putting this up..Well my intent is to return back from where I got so much..so anybody who has any questions which you think I can answer then please do let me know..i would be more than happy to help you ....
Good luck to all ...Hope and wish all your hard work pays off..

Reactions: 3 users
Hi njain2683,

Last edited:
Hi I am seeking for prepartory courses regarding hand's n training for the bench test. Is there any one knows any kind of courses in San Jose Ca please inform me . THX

Hi everyone,

SDN has given so much information to me, thought of sharing my whatsoever little experiences with you all..hoping it would help..
From my experience with interview, I would like to say the process is really cool and comfortable...do not treat as some sort of awkward conversation...just know yourself and know what you want...be comfortable with yourself...do not freak out, that will only make it hard for you...
None of this was unexpected so I can say mostly it is that you prepare the basic questions well. Whenever I was interviewed, I was made so comfortable that I almost thought I had a conversation with a colleague...
The opening question is most important, but it sets pretty much the tone of the entire interview..know what you are saying in your answer..

I really do not have any thing new to share, but still thought of putting this up..Well my intent is to return back from where I got so much..so anybody who has any questions which you think I can answer then please do let me know..i would be more than happy to help you ....
Hello India_D
Very glad on your post
I'm from India and have some doubts and need help. can you please give your mail id by mailing to [email protected]
Thanks in advance
Lok

hii can anyone tell about the nova southeastern uni interviews for 2013-14 year as i have applied in december 2013 and did not receive any call from them? [email protected]

Guys I have both airotor and micro motor handpiece with burs(straight fissure, round, finishing, wheel, Long tapered diamond etc..) will it be useful for bench test? What do you need exactly to practice at home for bench test? What burs, handpiece and unit? Where to buy it?

Kindly what is the bench test at Marquette dental univ ???
pls reply

Bench exam marterial for sale.. PM me for further details..

I have a UTECH supersilent compressor that has a foot pedal, attachments for handpiece. I am willing to sell it for $550. (No discount on this) . I will ship it for free if it is within my limits. It works perfectly and has money back guarantee within 5 days. Ship it at your cost if returning!

Mounting pole is $70

Columbia typhodont costs 120$. Extra teeth are for dollar a tooth.

Free Pacific manual along with above package with instructions on how to, how much etc. Also, matrix bands and tooth separators will be provided so you can use to protect adjacent teeth from nicking in the exam. Free new and old burs to practice. In short, getting a package means getting as much material as needed for practice!

Whatever you order with the compressor...is free shipping. If you order just the Typhodont, you pay for the shipping.

IMPORTANT: When You write to me, please write in this format...

"I need the compressor and mounting pole. I will pay 550+70. "

OR

"I need the columbia typhodont and
1)Tooth # 8 (5 teeth)
2)Tooth #30 (8 teeth) OR as many as you have.
etc"

Im tired of receiving mails like "Im interested in your material. Can you tell me how many teeth you have". I cant sit and count all the teeth.
I need typodont, tooth 8 (5 teeth), tooth 30 (8 teeth) and tooth 14 (5 teeth). Let me know if still available

Does anybody have a review for Puneet Sandhus bench test course in sf?

Hi I love Goldens!

I read many of your inspiring posts and thought you could give me your expert advice on my IDP application.
I have BDS degree from India in 2003, with an GPA of 2.9. Pursuing MPH gpa 3.65. I also have 4 years of clinical and teaching experience in home country. Here I have up to 1 year f Dental Assisting experience. I have volunteered for research but do not have publications in my name. I got rejected from UMNDJ, UPENN. I have not tried any other schools yet. I have financial constraints, so I am not feeling confident that any school would encourage on my application; the reason being I had my degree 10 years back. Please let me know what you think about my situation. Do you think I have any chances?
please suggest,

Thank you,
Shashi
It was a very pleasant interview. A lot of people all together, a little bit overwhelming. You get to see so many people who are competing with you, makes you a little apprehensive.
They sit you on a table with about 10 other candidates and a current student. so you get to ask all the questions you want. The student takes you to a tour around the school.
Facilities are amazing. you see where all the money of the tuition is going to.
The presentation with the director is very good. He is a very nice man, makes you feel very special by saying we are all the best professionals.
400 applicants. They select 100 for interview. they offer 22 positions.
He explains everything about the program. Great program if you want to be a general practitioner. Bad one if you want to go to a graduate program after. Super expensive school. I guess that is why they gave THE BEST presentation explaining everything about financial aid.

The interview was pleasant. Just with one faculty. But notice this single professor interviews tons of people during an entire day. I just wonder how positive or negative that is... I had a great conversation with him. In the middle of this conversation he would drop questions such as : why dentistry, what are pros and cons of the profession, where do you want to work after school, what do you expect from the program, any questions about the school, tell me about this particular accomplishment in your resume. 30 minutes total.

The day after everyone goes to the lab and prepares the PFM and MO like mentioned before. Very easy. They give 3 hours and table top... A lot of explanations and models. Makes it easier in a way, but harder in another since in the end it is more competitive since everyone knows exactly what they should do. Very detailed explanations, a lot of time and they even mention that in case you do it on the wrong tooth they might consider changing it depending on the case. They offer matrix bands and wedges. You cannot take ANYTHING, they provide everything you need.

I got to UOP full of expectations. I heard it was a very pleasant interview and it was. they met my expectations

Left thinking it would be a great school to be at, just got concerned with the cost/ cost of living and the low acceptance rate on graduate programs. San Fran is the best city in the States though. that was one of the main reasons I thought about this school.

Hey is there any 1 in Michigan state or near areas ready to help with bench exam prep. I am ready to pay.
Please let me know ASAP.
Email: [email protected]
Thanks

hi all ....any information about bench exam in Colorado, Denver......
any preparation course in California ??
any help will b appreciated
[email protected]

Any female willing to share accomodation at colorado on may 10th?
Is Colorado a better school or Howard, PLease help

Hi everyone,

hey where did you interview? Have u interviewed at Colorado? Can u tell us what to expect from the personal interview? How to prepare for it?

hello Sampu 88
I did the bench prep course with Puneet Sandhus in S.F. All I can tell it is the best quick prep course in my opinion. She is very talented and informative. She makes the prep as easy as 1,2,3 that you follow and will be good. I didnt check with other courses concerning prices and details but she can accomodate the course according to the school you are going to. I highly recommend her and will give a great amount of confidence to enter the bench exam

hello Sampu 88
I did the bench prep course with Puneet Sandhus in S.F. All I can tell it is the best quick prep course in my opinion. She is very talented and informative. She makes the prep as easy as 1,2,3 that you follow and will be good. I didnt check with other courses concerning prices and details but she can accomodate the course according to the school you are going to. I highly recommend her and will give a great amount of confidence to enter the bench exam
thanks toplatop! i actually just attended her course 2 weeks ago.. and yes it was pretty good :) have my interview next weekend!!

Hi Guys! I have an interview at university of minnesota on April 9th and looking for a female who is interested to share accommodation. Please PM me here. Thanks!

Hello guys

I have my interview at colorado on 10th may. Anyone willing to share accommodation?

Hi everyone...
I have high and slow handpiece kilgore typodont and few teeth to sell.email me if interested shrijamehta (at) gmail (dot) com
Good luck!!

Hi every one, I want to do bench test preparation course in Florida..could any suggest me some options and your opinions...thanks in advance

Can somebody tell me about the personal statement what exactly are they looking for when they read it?

Hey everyone.I am selling killgore typodont with all the teeth. Its in excellent condition. 120$+shipping or pick up, i live in bay area, california . PM me if interested.thanks.

Hi anybody who wants to share accommodation for upenn female pls inbox me

Can somebody tell me about the personal statement what exactly are they looking for when they read it?
They kinda want to know what do you want to be when you grow up! A little background story about you helps, then a little about future goals, etc. Some will actually specify certain points to cover, be yourself, but emphasize the positives

Hello I am selling following items - it will be very useful for any practical exams that you are taking in coming months

1)Kilgore typhodont with 15 teeth
2) Model teeth with ideal class 2 and PFM crown prep
3) Manikin mounting rod
4) manikin shroud
5) Portable dental compressor ( SENCO) with dental motor and air water syringe and hand piece holder with water bottle ( complete set up ready to be used)
6) NSK high speed and slow speed handpieces
7) Duggan DVD set for crown and cavity prep ( 8 DVD set)

Price is negotiable; if anyone interested in buying everything or selected things please PM me or email me on dentaldds2014@g m a i l . com ; I also have all pictures taken so if you are interested I can send you pictures; everything is in new condition - were only used once!

Good luck everyone!

Hello I am selling following items - it will be very useful for any practical exams that you are taking in coming months

1)Kilgore typhodont with 15 teeth
2) Model teeth with ideal class 2 and PFM crown prep
3) Manikin mounting rod
4) manikin shroud
5) Portable dental compressor ( SENCO) with dental motor and air water syringe and hand piece holder with water bottle ( complete set up ready to be used)
6) NSK high speed and slow speed handpieces
7) Duggan DVD set for crown and cavity prep ( 8 DVD set)

Price is negotiable; if anyone interested in buying everything or selected things please PM me or email me on dentaldds2014@g m a i l . com ; I also have all pictures taken so if you are interested I can send you pictures; everything is in new condition - were only used once!

Good luck everyone!
Hi would you tell me the price for DVDs ? Thanks

Hi,
Anybody has any information about interview and bench test at Viginia Commonhealth?