Interview feedback

Started by LetItSnow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LetItSnow

Skipping the light fandango
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(I feel like a posting machine, today. Sorry.)

Just thought I'd share this....

A lot of people go talk to the admissions director (or similar) when they get rejected as a means of finding out how to improve their chances for the next year.

It occurred to me after I got my acceptance that the interview is fairly similar to a job interview (it's most definitely different, but... similar enough).

With that in mind, I sent email to one of my interviewers, who is the dean of academic and student affairs and apparently teaches professional development. We set up a meeting to talk over my interview with an eye toward how well I presented myself and how I could improve for future job interviews.

Just thought I'd post this because interviewer(s) may be a resource that people don't think of using for their own professional development.