interview for April 18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guatemala

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be interviewing on April 18 at COMP! I was wondering if any of you have some Qs that
you think I should be asking? Who does the interviewing? Any new developments or focus
on campus that is noteworthy? Any complementary alternative medicine being taught?
Medical Spanish?
I anticipate forming great friendships in Pomona. I grew up in CA (bay area), am a returned
Peace Corps Volunteer, and have been working as a massage therapist with the NFL Detroit
Lions for 3 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview...good luck! When I was there this weekend, I talked to a couple of people (MS2) aboout interview. They said that a couple of sure questions will be why COMP and Why should they accepct you.

good luck :cool:

Hi Guatemala,
I interviewed at COMP a couple of weeks ago, and can tell you that it is really a relaxed, laid-back sort of interview. Both of my interviewers were DOs, and it was more of a conversation than an interview. I am not sure if it is the norm, but mine was closed file and they did not ask me any questions from my application....in fact, they said that they had not even seen my application! But, that was fine with me, since I would really rather talk about stuff that I have not had a chance to put in my application.
As far as questions go, none were really difficult. My advice is to go through the Univ. website, and also to look up other threads right here on SDN pertaining to interviews at COMP....I'm quite certain that there are a couple. Other than that, know your reasons for COMP, for medicine, and for osteopathic medicine.
The students were really nice at COMP, and were eager to answer questions........so, utilize them.
Good luck!