Interview for people with ADD/ADHD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryce4u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm prescribe for 20mg Adderall a day. I'm not sure if I should take it on the day of the interview because I'll be nervous for the interview and adderall could possibly make me more nervous by increasing my heart rate. One effect I get from adderall is wanting to talk more which could possibility affect my interview in a good or bad way

Anyone taken prescribed adderall on the day of an interview ?

Members don't see this ad.

You should get a friend and practice with and without and see which one feels more natural.

do a mock interview with a stranger or counselor. you'll experience more nervousness that way then if you do it with a friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid how it'll affect me but I've been prescribed for it for a while so i feel "blanked minded" wo it.
Two possible outcome if I take it the day of the interview:
1. I'll be super nervous because just the nervousness of the interview + the increased in blood pressure.
OR
2. I'll be more confident because I get a feeling of almost euphoria and just wanting to talk. I notice I stutter more while talking when i'm not taking it but when I take it, I'm able to pronounce my words more efficiently.

There has to be someone on this forum that has been in my situation .

The question I would pose to oneself is "How do I act when I don't take the medication?" My son is currently taking medication for ADD and when he is off for just one day, he functions fine, it's when he doesn't take it for about a week that he starts to exhibit symptoms.

Just my two cents.

HTH

Closing thread. We do not allow asking for medical advice on SDN. This is something you should talk over with your medical provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.