interview for pharmacy tech..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TifanieMarie

Tifster
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
i have one tomorrow at walmart at least im pretty sure its for a pharm-tech, i applied online for it soo..

1. is there anything in particular i should expect

2. do you think they will be interviewing me for a general position and move me up to pharm tech or just the tech position i have no experience.. someone asked me that and until then i was just thinking its for the tech position, do they do it the other way?

i dont want a different position, i applied a while ago and i wasnt expecting to have a job anytime soon but if its for a tech i want it, should i ask straight up? or will that be bad?

im so nervous.

lmaonadestand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you applied for the pharm tech position, it should be what they're interviewing you for. They'll probably put you through some orientation class so you know what to do. I just got hired by CVS, and I have no experience either. I don't think they mind if you're just part time like I am. They just asked about my work experience (I have none haha) and schedule. It might be different for you since I live an hour away from the city, where a bunch of old rich people live, and there aren't any kids out here with pharm tech certification for part time work.

hitzgirlforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't worry if you have no experience. Everyone has to start somewhere. Just emphasize that you're a fast learner and that you work hard. Don't forget to smile and give a firm handshake. :thumbup:

hqd003

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is gonna be the same for you, but when I got interviewed for my pharm tech position, there were a lot of questions about customer service...just make sure that you emphasize that the customer is #1

As long as you have a pharm tech license, you should get hired as a pharm tech, but if you don't, then they might hire you as a pharmacy clerk

Good luck!