interview for UOP before december

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happy83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first posting. I heard that if you got an interview at UOP before December..you're pretty much in. Has anyone heard that too? Is it true.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

what a silly question: no, of course it's not true

hi happy
are u having ur interview before dec. i have also applied,but not heard from them.please share ur information.
thanks
monika

Members don't see this ad :)
JavadiCavity said:
Yes, it's true. If you interview prior to Dec. 1, you have a near 100% chance of being accepted.

Hi Java....who did you hear that from?

monika sharma said:
hi happy
are u having ur interview before dec. i have also applied,but not heard from them.please share ur information.
thanks
monika

My interview is Nov 3. I applied to UOP very early (middle of June). I guess UOP encourage applicants to applied early or something. Be patient...good news will come. I"m still waiting for mine also.

Hey, my interview is also Nov. 3rd. And also, I have also been told that UOP does accept just about everyone except nutjobs if they have an interview before Dec. 1, both from Javadi (current UOP student) and from a UOP graduate. Now, I hope the tell me I'm in at the very beginning of Dec, so I don't have to spend any more money on interviews :mad:

eapleitez said:
Hey, my interview is also Nov. 3rd. And also, I have also been told that UOP does accept just about everyone except nutjobs if they have an interview before Dec. 1, both from Javadi (current UOP student) and from a UOP graduate. Now, I hope the tell me I'm in at the very beginning of Dec, so I don't have to spend any more money on interviews :mad:

Hey Eapleitez

That's great!! I will definitely see you at the interview. Are you flying in from out of state or are you a California resident? How are you preparing for it?

Happy83 said:
Hey Eapleitez

That's great!! I will definitely see you at the interview. Are you flying in from out of state or are you a California resident? How are you preparing for it?

The UOP interview is very low stress and they're not going to ask you any hard questions you've probably not already thought about. They basically want to make sure you're a total dingus or freak.

I would say the main thing you want to do to prepare is to bring questions you can ask to see if UOP is in line with your goals. They work very hard on the interview day to sell you the school, but make sure what UOP offers is really what you want. If you're interested in specializing, make sure you ask about how many students go on to specialize each year. If you are interested in community dentistry, make sure to ask about opportunities offered through the school. Stuff like that.

Good luck!

Hey guys,

I also have an interview set up on November 17. Is there anything different about the interview that I should worry about or is it pretty laid back. Please also tell me if they tell us our chances after the interview or do we have to wait til dec. 1.

Thanks

Very nice..I have an interview with Pacific on 11/17. I guess I'll see you there!
sayahh said:
Hey guys,

I also have an interview set up on November 17. Is there anything different about the interview that I should worry about or is it pretty laid back. Please also tell me if they tell us our chances after the interview or do we have to wait til dec. 1.

Thanks

sayahh said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

That is a good question. Do you guys know if they tell us our chances? Or we have to wait unil december for the letters??

Thanks

They can't tell you at the interview of your chances because all the dental schools have agreed on Dec 1 as the first day for giving out acceptances. You have to wait for the phone call Dec. 1.

Dr Yarborough fr. UOP Dental "98% of people we interview are accepted...the interview is the easiest part. Don't be nervous"

tinytwists@hotm said:
Dr Yarborough fr. UOP Dental "98% of people we interview are accepted...the interview is the easiest part. Don't be nervous"

Hello

That is awesome. Do you know if the Doctor you mention (Dr. Yarborough) specified that its all interviews with 98 % chances or its the ones before December?

Thanks

Happy83 said:
Hello

That is awesome. Do you know if the Doctor you mention (Dr. Yarborough) specified that its all interviews with 98 % chances or its the ones before December?

Thanks

I would like to know that as well...

This year will be a little different. They are not trying to fill the class by the end of December like they did last year. They've spread interviews out into the new year. I assume that means your chances are just as good post-Dec 1 as they are pre-Dec 1.