Interview for WVUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indianarn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am getting an interview at WVUSOM early December. I can use all the help I can. Please share any thing you want to, good or bad about WVUSOM, to give me some points. What do I need to prepare for my interview. Do I need to know anything in particular beside, why medicine? why DO? Why this school?? All help is appreciate.

Members don't see this ad.

Know your personal statement and secondaries and everything else about your application. Be honest, don't lie or try to exaggerate experiences. Admission committees can sense this and then you lose credibility. Also, don't be nervous. Go into the interview with confidence.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please take advantage of SDN's Interview Feedback Section and select the school of interest.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=medical

Once you are done interviewing, consider providing feedback back to us, as it will be added to the collective experience and future applicants may benefit from this resource.

Also, moving to Pre-Osteo Forum where this question is more appropriately suited.

It's somewhat important to make the distinction between WVUSOM and WVSOM. One is the big MD school up north, and one is the DO school in Lewisburg.

The interview when I went was really casual. Three faculty members all at once, for about 30 minutes.

Know your personal statement and secondaries and everything else about your application. Be honest, don't lie or try to exaggerate experiences. Admission committees can sense this and then you lose credibility. Also, don't be nervous. Go into the interview with confidence.

Mostly this. If you have any obvious weakpoints (in your grades or MCAT score, for example), they will probably ask you about that. Why med/why DO are always good ones to be aware of, but why WV could also be a good one to think about.

Thank you all for the input, I really appreciate it.