Jun 30, 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi everyone,
I am getting an interview at WVUSOM early December. I can use all the help I can. Please share any thing you want to, good or bad about WVUSOM, to give me some points. What do I need to prepare for my interview. Do I need to know anything in particular beside, why medicine? why DO? Why this school?? All help is appreciate.

michigan1212

Membership Revoked
Removed
Oct 13, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Know your personal statement and secondaries and everything else about your application. Be honest, don't lie or try to exaggerate experiences. Admission committees can sense this and then you lose credibility. Also, don't be nervous. Go into the interview with confidence.

Reactions: coolingglasses

group_theory

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!'
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Please take advantage of SDN's Interview Feedback Section and select the school of interest.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=medical

Once you are done interviewing, consider providing feedback back to us, as it will be added to the collective experience and future applicants may benefit from this resource.

Also, moving to Pre-Osteo Forum where this question is more appropriately suited.

coolingglasses

5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2012
do not try to swim to europe
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It's somewhat important to make the distinction between WVUSOM and WVSOM. One is the big MD school up north, and one is the DO school in Lewisburg.

The interview when I went was really casual. Three faculty members all at once, for about 30 minutes.

Know your personal statement and secondaries and everything else about your application. Be honest, don't lie or try to exaggerate experiences. Admission committees can sense this and then you lose credibility. Also, don't be nervous. Go into the interview with confidence.
Mostly this. If you have any obvious weakpoints (in your grades or MCAT score, for example), they will probably ask you about that. Why med/why DO are always good ones to be aware of, but why WV could also be a good one to think about.