Interview Friday! Freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms.mollymay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you prepare yourself for interviews? Do you write out responses? Do you wing it? Do you do a mock interview somewhere? Do you review your resume? What is your personal preparation method?

I feel like I am mostly going to wing it, but think about how I'm going to respond to "tell me about yourself" because that one always gets me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is a month away and I'm just as scared as you are lol! Definitely try a mock interview just to get a feel for what you're in for. I did one and although I wasn't that good I found areas that I could improve in!

Reactions: 1 users
One thing I was told to do and have always done before a big interview is to answer some generic interview questions while standing/sitting in front of a mirror. It seems silly, and feels really silly, but I would see my eyes wander or wonder why did I make that weird expression as I answered the question. As uncomfortable as it was, it helped me quite a bit. I even went as far as putting on my sport coat in the hotel the night before. It got the job done.

Reactions: 1 user
One thing I was told to do and have always done before a big interview is to answer some generic interview questions while standing/sitting in front of a mirror. It seems silly, and feels really silly, but I would see my eyes wander or wonder why did I make that weird expression as I answered the question. As uncomfortable as it was, it helped me quite a bit. I even went as far as putting on my sport coat in the hotel the night before. It got the job done.

You can do this on Skype or use a camera as well. Eye contact is SUPER IMPORTANT. Hand gestures is another. Be calm. Relax. Don't slur your words. Try your best not to be nervous. I know that's easier said than done, but think about the opportunity you have that others don't. That should give you confidence and the strength to do the best for yourself and for everyone else! We are rooting for your success.