Interview Guests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VelcroSky

U of MN Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...It seems that most of the interview days and tours allow you to bring guests on the tour with them at the different schools. I was wondering how many of you plan on bringing guests and how many are going alone?

I'll be flying solo for my interviews.

Sing it!

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore

Members don't see this ad.

My dad came with me to interviews at TN, Ohio State, and Auburn and he was allowed to go on all three tours. Fun stuff!

I'm traveling to my Iowa State and Kansas State interviews solo (since I have to fly). If I get a VA-MD interview, though, my mom has expressed her desire to go with me (since it's a car trip) and see the school and Blacksburg. I think she may even be more excited about the prospects of the trip than me!:)

Did I mention I've gotten my mom addicted to SDN? She's an official lurker now. Hi mom! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi VAgirl's mom!

Yay Vagirl! See you this weekend in Kansas! :)

Yay Vagirl! See you this weekend in Kansas! :)

Woohoo interviews! See you there, shuvball1 :D (I am a little nervous and feeling under-prepared, but I'm also getting a tad excited. Yay KSU!)

Since preparation helped me very little at TAMU and OSU, I'm not gonna freak out about it this time. I'm just gonna look over their site again and touch up on some popular interview questions and be done. I figure, they don't expect us to know everything and as long as you're honest they understand (or at least I hope). My big thing is just relaxing, I tend to be much more confident when I'm not shaking with nerves :). We'll be fine.

PS I think I'm just bitter that I did research on all these zoonotics and turns out I didn't get asked about it in either interview... It's sure to happen at KSU though. :)

Since preparation helped me very little at TAMU and OSU, I'm not gonna freak out about it this time. I'm just gonna look over their site again and touch up on some popular interview questions and be done. I figure, they don't expect us to know everything and as long as you're honest they understand (or at least I hope). My big thing is just relaxing, I tend to be much more confident when I'm not shaking with nerves :). We'll be fine.

PS I think I'm just bitter that I did research on all these zoonotics and turns out I didn't get asked about it in either interview... It's sure to happen at KSU though. :)

You didn't get a question about zoonoses at OSU? That is rare.

Yeah, I was asked what they were, as in, what the word meant, but nothing else. However, we did talk about the fact that a vet at a place where I work (although, I didn't know her because she was there way before me) discovered the presence of West Nile in the US. Maybe that counted as my question? I was really expecting something on BSE/avian. We did talk about the tiger escape though which was interesting. :)

Yeah, I was asked what they were, as in, what the word meant, but nothing else. However, we did talk about the fact that a vet at a place where I work (although, I didn't know her because she was there way before me) discovered the presence of West Nile in the US. Maybe that counted as my question? I was really expecting something on BSE/avian. We did talk about the tiger escape though which was interesting. :)

Dr. Tracy McNamara??

Yep, it's funny because it was mentioned in my tamu interview the day before my OSU interview, so when asked about it at OSU I wasn't suprised at all.

Ok, that's just really cool. :) Where did you work that she had worked? Not the Bronx Zoo?

My husband will go with if it is within driving distance. Otherwise, thanks to the great cost of flying, I will be going alone. *sigh*