JKL34

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I've been preparing for my upcoming interviews and I am trying to think of a way to explain my lower PAT score.

All I can think is that I ran out of time (which is true), but I'm not sure there is anything else I can mention so they can look past this?

..And one more question that I've seen appear that I can't seem to find an answer for: If, at the end, you had 2 dental schools to choose between, how would you make your decision?

Thanks!

BYU4you

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I've been preparing for my upcoming interviews and I am trying to think of a way to explain my lower PAT score.

All I can think is that I ran out of time (which is true), but I'm not sure there is anything else I can mention so they can look past this?

..And one more question that I've seen appear that I can't seem to find an answer for: If, at the end, you had 2 dental schools to choose between, how would you make your decision?

Thanks!
Just know going into the interview that if they wanted you to interview they are satisfied with your scores. So only explain it if they ask, if they don't then don't even bring it up. (I kind of doubt they will) If they do bring it up, say you focused on other sections more.

And as for deciding, just like anything else. Weight the pro's and cons. Price, location, student/teacher ration, class size, opportunities for research etc.

Reactions: DentalLonghorn2014
Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I really wouldn't worry about a low PAT score. The PAT is the most pointless section of the DAT.