interview help!! position is for chemo mixing pharmacist

Started by TeaTree
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TeaTree

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How should I prepare for an interview with a big hospital that recently started a GI oncology department and needed a pharmacist to prepare chemo for them? The person that will be interviewing me is an oncologist who is also the director of oncology. I'm very nervous right now... I have one year of experience with mixing chemos.... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 
Other than standard interview questions, I would think you should also at least be ready to answer questions about how certain chemos are dosed (like carboplatin for instance), monitoring parameters, supportive care, which ones require refrigeration, trade/generic, which diluents to use, which chemos require special tubing, which ones are vesicants, which ones cause specific ADRs and so forth.
 
Last edited:
Other than standard interview questions, I would think you should also at least be ready to answer questions about how certain chemos are dosed (like carboplatin for instance), monitoring parameters, supportive care, which ones require refrigeration, trade/generic, which diluents to use, which chemos require special tubing, which ones are vesicants, which ones cause specific ADRs and so forth.

I agree with this. I've mixed chemo for 3.5 years.