Interview hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fkt24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I was placed on "interview hold" or "interview waitlist" for several schools. I was wondering when we would find out about our status regarding those holds. I am assuming it would be in the new year..or not at all? o_O

Best regards,

A hopeful pre-soma student

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN,

I was placed on "interview hold" or "interview waitlist" for several schools. I was wondering when we would find out about our status regarding those holds. I am assuming it would be in the new year..or not at all? o_O

Best regards,

I think you can call or email them?

My advice on this is to not be "pushy," but to show interest. One of my friends got off the wait list at Western and she said that she called like 10 times (which I think is a little excessive, but it worked.)

I would also send an update letter because this also shows you are interested in the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that you should send update letters and whatnot, because they are more likely to pull people off the waitlist that send updates and LOI than people that have had no contact at all. Best of luck.

This is a school dependent thing. Make sure to know which schools are receptive to LOIs at this stage of the application process.

Hi SDN,

Best regards,

when you say interview hold/waitlist, do you mean pre-interview or post-interview?

To clarify...it is pre-interview, post secondary. I think reading the responses, there was some confusion

For what its worth, I never heard back from any schools that put me on pre-interview hold

You find out when you get the II or the rejection.
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Hi SDN,

Best regards,

Reactions: 2 users
You find out when you get the II or the rejection.
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Omg tell this to my husband! If I hear "what takes so long with these schools"? ONE more time....out comes the duct tape!

Reactions: 1 users
Got put on hold for one school currently. However, it still means there's hope.