1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview Hopes for PCOM / CCOM ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by PayingMyDues, Mar 24, 2004.

1. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

I have been accepted at a couple of MD schools, however I really want to go to PCOM or CCOM....My application has been complete since feb 20...Is there an hope of an interview this late?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eyecon82

Eyecon82 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi...I'm pretty sure that for most schools, march is the last month for interviews.....so maybe a slight chance?

I was just wondering...if you dont mind explaining...why would you choose pcom or ccom over the md schools you have been accepted to?

4. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that to some people it might seem like a weird choice, however DO schools seem to be a better fit for me. I have a background in public health and have worked in PH for the last 3 years...I would like to con't as a PH doctor (PH clinic)...I have spoken with the admissions directors at PCOM/CCOM/TEMPLE/FINCH and based on the responses I got...I believe the DO route would give me the best experience in medical school and train me to be a great primary care doctor.

5. whitecoat

whitecoat Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Have you ever thought of sending an interest letter to CCOM, and address this letter to the Dean? CCOM has a new Dean and I hear many good news about her. Also, your explanation sounds very sincere.

6. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the tip...I sent out letters to PCOM and CCOM...however I heard that CCOM will stop interviewing after the first week of april...oh well..