1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interview Hopes for PCOM / CCOM ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by PayingMyDues, Mar 24, 2004.

1. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

I have been accepted at a couple of MD schools, however I really want to go to PCOM or CCOM....My application has been complete since feb 20...Is there an hope of an interview this late?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eyecon82

Eyecon82 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi...I'm pretty sure that for most schools, march is the last month for interviews.....so maybe a slight chance?

I was just wondering...if you dont mind explaining...why would you choose pcom or ccom over the md schools you have been accepted to?

4. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that to some people it might seem like a weird choice, however DO schools seem to be a better fit for me. I have a background in public health and have worked in PH for the last 3 years...I would like to con't as a PH doctor (PH clinic)...I have spoken with the admissions directors at PCOM/CCOM/TEMPLE/FINCH and based on the responses I got...I believe the DO route would give me the best experience in medical school and train me to be a great primary care doctor.

5. whitecoat

whitecoat Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Have you ever thought of sending an interest letter to CCOM, and address this letter to the Dean? CCOM has a new Dean and I hear many good news about her. Also, your explanation sounds very sincere.

6. PayingMyDues

PayingMyDues Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the tip...I sent out letters to PCOM and CCOM...however I heard that CCOM will stop interviewing after the first week of april...oh well..