Interview invitation already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BassCaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just checked my email and I got an interview invitation at DMU and I didn't even send in payment, supplemental, or letters of rec yet... they said its a "fasTrack application process!" i didn't even sign up for it... they also said "Because of your competitive qualifications, we encourage you to schedule your interview day at DMU even before all of the supporting documents arrive to complete your file!" Does this mean I can't interview at any other school?

Also, I got a secondary invite from western today. I thought they don't give it out until later in the process? I know I should be kind of happy, but it just seems like it's too good to be true at the point.

Anyone ever heard of fast track? I'm not going to interview for it if that means I can't interview at another school. I didn't apply for it... Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

okay one, why are you looking this gift horse in the mouth. many ppl would KILL to be in that position.

DMU's fast track is automatic if you have the qualifications they put you in, at least that's what i was told.

If you have questions about it CALL THEM. They are very friendly and obviously want you. But I would sign up for the interview because their secondary application is..... basically "did you rape anyone?" "did you commit a felony?" "are you sure you didn't rape anyone?" "if we put a small child in your care would you rape them?" if the answer is no to all these questions then please come visit us!!

so yeah. no essays. no fees. nothing. it was fantastic.

So just sign up for a date and get in the rest of your letters and be happy.

I got the FasTrack last year...
Its a good thing, so just send the thing in and get your supporting documents prior to your interview date. You can also interview where ever you want....it is not an early decision or anything similar. It is simply you are above XYZ cutoff then you get the fasTrack process.

Enjoy
IamAriDO

Members don't see this ad :)
okay one, why are you looking this gift horse in the mouth. many ppl would KILL to be in that position.

DMU's fast track is automatic if you have the qualifications they put you in, at least that's what i was told.

If you have questions about it CALL THEM. They are very friendly and obviously want you. But I would sign up for the interview because their secondary application is..... basically "did you rape anyone?" "did you commit a felony?" "are you sure you didn't rape anyone?" "if we put a small child in your care would you rape them?" if the answer is no to all these questions then please come visit us!!

so yeah. no essays. no fees. nothing. it was fantastic.

So just sign up for a date and get in the rest of your letters and be happy.

Relax... I just got home an hour ago and checked my email. They obviously don't work at 10pm and I didn't want to wait until Monday to call them. I just wanted a quick answer and thanks for providing it. My concern was in regards to if I interviewed, I wouldn't be able to apply for other schools. i'm at my bro in law's house (m4 @ rush) and we were just confused about the difference between early decision and fast track.

ah. well that's a much easier question to answer.

early desicion is the one where you skip parts of college and just go straight into med school classes.

fast track is where you went to college but you got good grades or high enough mcat that they offer you interview positions before anyone else.

(and i am relaxed, i guess it just doesn't come across in my posts :p )

LOL, it's all good. Humor/emotions is often difficult to convey through text. Thanks for the input!

ah. well that's a much easier question to answer.

early desicion is the one where you skip parts of college and just go straight into med school classes.

fast track is where you went to college but you got good grades or high enough mcat that they offer you interview positions before anyone else.

(and i am relaxed, i guess it just doesn't come across in my posts :p )

I'm pretty sure Early Decision is when a school makes an agreement with you that they will make a decision on your application much earlier, and if they accept you, you are not allowed to attend another school. You don't skip any college.

BassCaster, can I ask what your stats are (GPA/MCAT)? When did you submit your primary application?