Interview Invitations Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. I sent my CAS 9/9 overnight.

My first invite by email today- U of Chicago. Hopefully many more to come!

Members don't see this ad.

Here are my neuro interviews invites so far: Albert Einstein, Albany, Dartmouth, BU, UMDNJ, North Shore Long Island Jewish (all emails), Brown (phone call).

CAS snail mail application confirmation from Utah.
(I got my distribution list email on 9/8)

Anyone heard from other NYC places?

How much interview prep are you guys planning on?

I am an IMG and applied to lots of places (42!!). Have got rejections from U. Alabama, Albert Einstein, U Virginia.

Interviews from North Shore- LIJ, St Louis Univ, Missouri, UAMS, Arkansas, U Nebraska, U Iowa

Please give your views about the programs and your way of preparing for the interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an IMG and applied to lots of places (42!!). Have got rejections from U. Alabama, Albert Einstein, U Virginia.

Interviews from North Shore- LIJ, St Louis Univ, Missouri, UAMS, Arkansas, U Nebraska, U Iowa

Please give your views about the programs and your way of preparing for the interviews.

I am a US-IMG, and just wanted to update everyone. So far have received invites from Ohio State U, Med U of Ohio-Toledo, Case Western, Penn State U, Wake Forest, U Nebraska. Rejections from U of New Mexico, and possibly rejected at U of Minnesota seeing that I got a CAS mailer telling me to expect a invite by 9/14, and seeing that i havent heard from them, pretty much gives me a HINT :mad:

My application was just released at the end of last week.
In addition to programs mentioned above, I also got an invite from Baylor.

Any honest feedback about Baylor out there? Why do people seem to ignore it? Thanks!

Invite from University of California- Irvine.

Anyone else hear from any of the other California schools?

discgoddess said:

I've heard from UCSD.

Yale (by email)

Hi, I have received 4 invitations so far: UCI, Loma Linda U, SUNY-syracuse and UT southwestern. Got rejection from Cleveland Clinic Found. Is there anyone who can comment these programs? Or somebody can talk a little bit more about his/her experience of interview? I appreciate it.

NYU invite received earlier this week (email).

neuroific said:
Here are my neuro interviews invites so far: Albert Einstein, Albany, Dartmouth, BU, UMDNJ, North Shore Long Island Jewish (all emails), Brown (phone call).

CAS snail mail application confirmation from Utah.
(I got my distribution list email on 9/8)

Anyone heard from other NYC places?

How much interview prep are you guys planning on?

discgoddess said:

Email from USC a couple of days ago.

Invites so far...

Dartmouth
UIC
Maryland
Iowa
Ohio State
Mayo-Rochester
Cleve Clinic
Wash U
Wisconsin
MCoW

Still waiting on about 10 more...

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys a quick question here.... How long after u get the "Your distribution list has been received" mail from Sfmatch, does your applications get sent to the programs ?
Its just cause that i got the this mail from sfmatch on 20 Sep but my credit card was charged only on 26 Sep. And no emails from programs so far ! So me worried.

matakanan said:
Guys a quick question here.... How long after u get the "Your distribution list has been received" mail from Sfmatch, does your applications get sent to the programs ?
Its just cause that i got the this mail from sfmatch on 20 Sep but my credit card was charged only on 26 Sep. And no emails from programs so far ! So me worried.

I mailed my application Sept 1st, and my distribution list email was sent to me on Sept. 8th. My credit card was charged the 10th, and the confirmation I got from programs says it was sent Sept 20th. Hope this helps!

tnx guys ! quite helpful

Interviews include Cleveland Clinic Foundation, UC Irvine, Barrow NI, Temple, Albert Einstein, and UT Southwestern. Still waiting on many. Anyone hear from any Florida programs?

doctorlarry said:
Interviews include Cleveland Clinic Foundation, UC Irvine, Barrow NI, Temple, Albert Einstein, and UT Southwestern. Still waiting on many. Anyone hear from any Florida programs?

which Cleveland Clinic did you get an invitation from?

TruTrooper said:
Man, can we get a thread going about interview info such on these places such as preparation or what?

To state the obvious, go ahead and start the thread. It enough people jump in, I'll sticky it.

GopherBrain said:
To state the obvious, go ahead and start the thread. It enough people jump in, I'll sticky it.

Thanks, Gopher. Hopefully we can really get things jumping here.

When I posted I had interviews from:
Temple
U Texas (San Antonio)

Got 5 more:
U of Texas (Houston) (e-mail)
U of Miami (via phone)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Ohio) (via e-mail)
SUNY Downstate (e-mail)
Albert Einstein (e-mail)

Rejections:
Duke
Wake Forest

(North Carolina hates me! :( )

I interview at Einstein on the 20th and Temple on the 28th so I'll post how those go!

Oh and for those interested my rejections were by snail mail.

NSU-neuro said:
which Cleveland Clinic did you get an invitation from?

Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio via e-mail. Haven't heard from the Florida programs yet. Anyone applying to Florida programs? I've only read about UM via phone call in a previous post.

Can someone please clarify which programs are associated with Albert Einstein? Is the AECOM program different from AE at Long-Island Jewish? Thanks in advance.

Claymore said:
Invites so far...

Dartmouth
UIC
Maryland
Iowa
Ohio State
Mayo-Rochester
Cleve Clinic
Wash U
Wisconsin
MCoW

Still waiting on about 10 more...

Invites so far...

Cleveland Clinic
UCSD
U Chicago
Iowa
Boston U
Wake Forest
S Carolina

Also still waiting on several more.

I'm interviewing at U Chicago this week... If anyone has any useful tips or insight on the program, hit me with it!

Likewise, I'll share my experiences there when I get back.

Good luck to everyone!

doctorlarry said:
Can someone please clarify which programs are associated with Albert Einstein? Is the AECOM program different from AE at Long-Island Jewish? Thanks in advance.

They are two totally separate programs, although both are Einstein. The AECOM program consists of Montefiore, AE's major hospital, and Jacobi, which is nearby. Both hospitals are in the northeast Bronx and very close to the actual medical school.

LIJ is in Hyde Park, which is on the border of Queens/Long Island. Although it is affiliated with AE, the residents don't really rotate in the Bronx hospitals.

Hope that helps.

I am an IMG and have interview invites (and interviews scheduled) from

U Nebraska (20th Oct)
U Iowa - Dec
U Missouri-Columbia- Dec
SLU- Jan
U Arkansas - Jan
U Florida, Gainesville- Nov
North Shore LIJ- Nov

Rejections

AECoM (phone)
U Alabama (snailmail)
U Virginia (phone)

discgoddess said:

I've heard from USC and Stanford. Anyone heard from UCLA or UCSF?

Interviewing so far at:

UT Southwestern
Baylor
SLU
WashU
Cleveland Clinic
Barrow
Mayo Scottsdale
Colorado
Utah
U of Virginia

Declined:
UT Houston

Heard from Duke today and still waiting to hear from UNC, UMich, Oregon, Uwash, and Vanderbilt. Anyone heard from these programs and if so how did they contact you? Thanks! Isn't it exciting that we will know our fate in January!? That's not very far away!

My CAS was released to programs on the 28th.

Three More Snail Mail Invites Today:

Colorado
Boston U.
University Hospitals of Cleveland

It sounds like UH of Cleveland doesn't offer hotel. I live right next door to UH (they own my house) and the neuro department is 3.5 min. from my front door. If you're running short on cash, you are welcome to crash with me. I'll even give you your own bed in your own room. PM me if interested.

Perseverator said:
It sounds like UH of Cleveland doesn't offer hotel. I live right next door to UH (they own my house) and the neuro department is 3.5 min. from my front door. If you're running short on cash, you are welcome to crash with me. I'll even give you your own bed in your own room. PM me if interested.

What a cool gesture... :thumbup:

Does anyone know the best way for an applicant who has previously accepted an interview to end up declining it for whatever reason?

As an example, if you have set up many interviews early in the season only to learn that your top picks finally grant you an interview much later in the season. What is the proper etiquette?

Thanks in advance.

JShupe said:
Interviewing so far at:

UT Southwestern
Baylor
SLU
WashU
Cleveland Clinic
Barrow
Mayo Scottsdale
Colorado
Utah
U of Virginia

Declined:
UT Houston

Heard from Duke today and still waiting to hear from UNC, UMich, Oregon, Uwash, and Vanderbilt. Anyone heard from these programs and if so how did they contact you? Thanks! Isn't it exciting that we will know our fate in January!? That's not very far away!

UMich sends an email and snail mail.

I just got a rejection email from Wash U

Got interview invites and scheduled interview dates at: U of Cincinnati, Northwestern, UIC, Barrow, Rush, BU, Tufts, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, MCoW.

I got invites and have not scheduled with: Madison, Iowa, St Louis University, Arizona, Case Western

I have turned down: Albert Einstein and Henry Ford

Still waiting on: Yale, BI, Partners, Cornell, Columbia, NYU, Michigan, U chicago, Minnesota, Penn, Mount Sinai, Mayo-Scottsdale, and Hopkins

Can some one tell me if it is worth it going to Arizona or Barrow for interview or are the Chicago schools just as good (UIC, Rush, Northwestern)?

I think as long as you let the program know in advance, they are fine with it. I cancelled one interview already (at Penn State) by emailing them and they didn't seem to have a problem with this; they replied back and thanked me for letting them know well ahead of my previously scheduled interview date.

doctorlarry said:
Does anyone know the best way for an applicant who has previously accepted an interview to end up declining it for whatever reason?

As an example, if you have set up many interviews early in the season only to learn that your top picks finally grant you an interview much later in the season. What is the proper etiquette?

Thanks in advance.

invite from mt sinai today (email). anyone heard from cornell yet?

doctorlarry said:
Interviews include Cleveland Clinic Foundation, UC Irvine, Barrow NI, Temple, Albert Einstein, and UT Southwestern (all email). Still waiting on many. Anyone hear from any Florida programs?

Today I have invitations from USF (phone) and U of Cincinnati (email). My apps were delivered from sfmatch on sept. 12. I am an FMG.

Got invitation from UIC. Anyone know this program? So far, i have five invitations. Their interview dates are pretty close. Also, i got rejection from Washton U. :( Feel bad. I am just curious about how you guys feel when you receive rejections?

TruTrooper said:
I got my first and only rejection thus far from Washington U and still felt like crap despite that it has been less than 2 weeks since my application was uploaded and I have 8 interviews scheduled (Invite from Medical College of Wisconsin by email today). What does Washington U want from us? That rejection kicked me right off of cloud 9 and I felt bad for the rest of the day until someone reminded me that St. Louis is not the most romantic city in the world. The city I live in now isn't either so 8 years in a row of this could be a bit gloomy.

The truth is that it never feels good to be rejected.

Thank you for reply........ :)

maggie said:
Got invitation from UIC. Anyone know this program? So far, i have five invitations. Their interview dates are pretty close. Also, i got rejection from Washton U. :( Feel bad. I am just curious about how you guys feel when you receive rejections?

I personally say they are loosing out on a great person. Their loss seriously. Every one of us has something unique to offer. If a program does not see your gifts and talents, go some where you are appreciated. So honestly when I got my first rejection from wash U I was sad for 1/2 a day then I realized I don't care. I will match some where better for me.
Peace

I was wondering, your January interviews. Did you request them to be so late or is that what the program offered you? Just curious. Thanks

My application was delivered from sfmatch on Sept. 12. I am an IMG.
Update on Interviews:

Cleveland Clinic Foundation
University of Chicago
UC Irvine
Barrow NI
Temple
Univ of Cincinnati
UT Southwestern
UT Houston
USF
Case Western Reserve
Medical College of Georgia

Does anyone know if there is any difference in program strength between UTSW and UTH?

I received a letter from mayoclinic Jacksonville stating that they have received my application, that they received many excellent applications and that they will contact me.

is that a yes or a no :confused:

kima said:
I received a letter from mayoclinic Jacksonville stating that they have received my application, that they received many excellent applications and that they will contact me.

is that a yes or a no :confused:

Good question Kima. I got the same letter today. I think it means "maybe". Don't you just love this process? :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, have you applied to Mayo rochester? I emailed them and was informed my application was still being reviewed. Good luck with the interview season.

doctorlarry said:
Good question Kima. I got the same letter today. I think it means "maybe". Don't you just love this process? :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, have you applied to Mayo rochester? I emailed them and was informed my application was still being reviewed. Good luck with the interview season.

No I haven't applied in rochester, way too cold for me up there!
good luck to you too, I see that you are IMG, we are in the same boat.

K

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but Emory is finally rolling out its invites.

Currently 14/15...

newest interview offers: UConn, UMass, Loyola, Case Western
1st rejection: Indiana (?)

Anyone heard from Beth Israel, UNC or UVA yet?