interview invite at top 3 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zombieboi1

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied to 10 schools, but i got interview invites at my top 3. i honestly don't want to go to any school out of my top 3, so should i just focus all my attention on those 3 interviews, and turn down anymore that i received? do you guys think this is a wise decision? most of the other 7 schools i applied to are private expensive school and are far away from where i lived. i don't want to fly out there and waste my time if i have no intention of attending.

and the only reason why i applied to those expensive private school is because i didn't think i would get any interview from my top 3. those private school were meant as back up, but now that i got my top 3 invites, i'm really thinking about just ignoring the other 7.

smart or dumb move?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Stats and the schools would help us give more informed advice :) Also, congrats!!

If I were you, I would at least accept the interview and just schedule them a little later. The last thing you want to do is avoid everyone and then your top 3 waitlist or reject you. Never put all of your eggs in one basket. Just my two cents!

Congrats on the interviews!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
do they let you schedule post december interview? plus i'm not really putting all my eggs in one basket, it three baskets lol. but i get your point.

This process is so random it may as well be one basket! LOL!

i went to 6 interviews and have 1 acceptance on dec 1st while the other 2 more trickled in but one of 2 that trickled in is the more affordable school. my other 2 options r crazily expensive

take it for what its worth

attend all ur interviews up until 8 before dec

book early interviews thru expedia its cheaper to bundle flight hotel and rental car

public dental school have very low acceptance rate for out of state applicants. thus 5 interviews at 5 out of state public school will turn up 0 acceptance on dec 1st

At this point my best chance will be my state school. They interview around 220 applicants total and around 100 instate. Last year they took about 50 of the instate interview, and it my number 1 school by far. I would of been happy with just this one interview so the other two is just a plus. I think I'm gonna take a 50% shot with my state school and attend my #2 n #3 and call it a day.

I would definitely take at least 2 more interviews. As a resident applying to my state school with a 90% in-state class, I still only get a 33% chance of getting in after my interview because of the number of applicants that get interviews. Kinda sucks to think about.

Unless you have top notch interview skills and are confident that you'll be that 1/3, I would have a safety net. :) personally, I couldn't take the risk because I get so nervous at interviews. Lol.

Don't turn down the other 7 if you get them. Ask to postpone them until after Dec 1 and cancel if you end up getting in somewhere

Reactions: 1 users