dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
1,050
1
36
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Status
Dental Student
Just got a call today from UF, apparently my DAT scores resonated with them...was told someone canceled ...THANKYOU whoever that is...and they wanted to interview me tomorrow....YESSS!!! By the way, still waiting for penn....I'll give it until the mail comes today then call tomorrow...Good luck everyone! :)
 

Catfish

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
195
0
Status
Dental Student
dexadental said:
Just got a call today from UF, apparently my DAT scores resonated with them...was told someone canceled ...THANKYOU whoever that is...and they wanted to interview me tomorrow....YESSS!!! By the way, still waiting for penn....I'll give it until the mail comes today then call tomorrow...Good luck everyone! :)
Good luck dexa :D :D :D
 
About the Ads
B

beastly115

Congrats!

Just curious, how long did you study for the DAT the second time to get those scores?
 

DWade101

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
22
0
Status
Super C and others...I am graduating at the end of this semester and thinking of taking some classes at UF. Can you guys recommend any good Bio classes to take, other than intro bio?
 

SuperC

SuperC DMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2005
772
6
39
Orlando, FL
Status
Dentist
Depends on what you are interested in...

PCB4723C Animal Physio: This class is INTENSE, but you will learn so much.
ZOO3713C Vert Anatomy: You spend an entire semester on a cat, really cool

I am an Integrative Bio Major (Very few people take this route at UF) Most are Nutrition or Microbio, so my classes may be a little different than others.

The dean of UFCD really like people to take Immunology, it is a grad course and very hard, but it will help you in dental school

Hope this helps,
-C
 

Catfish

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
195
0
Status
Dental Student
SuperC said:
The dean of UFCD really like people to take Immunology, it is a grad course and very hard, but it will help you in dental school

Hope this helps,
-C
Yeah, I'm thinking to take Immunology with a few friends. But heard that the passing rate is really low :scared:
 

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
1,050
1
36
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Status
Dental Student
Thanks guys, haven't heard back from other schools yet, so hopefully the interview goes great and I can get in here...about interesting/fun bio classes...immunology is great if you want to kill yourself, :laugh: , pcb5235, and animal physiology as cj said is a great class...tough lab I hear.
 

DWade101

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
22
0
Status
Thanks for the input. Any more bio classes to suggest? How are micro and genetics? Any easier bio classes to take?
 

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
1,050
1
36
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Status
Dental Student
Oh my, genetics is tough...I really want to ace it next semester...in fact I must. It should be fun...it is interesting, but just insanely difficult.
 

Catfish

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
195
0
Status
Dental Student
DWade101 said:
Thanks for the input. Any more bio classes to suggest? How are micro and genetics? Any easier bio classes to take?
The 4000 level molecular biology (genetics) with Dr. Gurley is great in the spring. Materials are boring (just b/c I don't like genetics that much), but last year, according to Dr. Gurley himself, almost 50% of the class got A's. He was very helpful in all ways.

Or, Eukaryotic Cell Structure, or Virology?

BTW, dexadental, hope your interview went great today :luck:
 
About the Ads