Interview invite at UF! yay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a call today from UF, apparently my DAT scores resonated with them...was told someone canceled ...THANKYOU whoever that is...and they wanted to interview me tomorrow....YESSS!!! By the way, still waiting for penn....I'll give it until the mail comes today then call tomorrow...Good luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
Just got a call today from UF, apparently my DAT scores resonated with them...was told someone canceled ...THANKYOU whoever that is...and they wanted to interview me tomorrow....YESSS!!! By the way, still waiting for penn....I'll give it until the mail comes today then call tomorrow...Good luck everyone! :)

Good luck dexa :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Just curious, how long did you study for the DAT the second time to get those scores?

Come on bro!!! C/O 2010!!!!

-C

Super C and others...I am graduating at the end of this semester and thinking of taking some classes at UF. Can you guys recommend any good Bio classes to take, other than intro bio?

Depends on what you are interested in...

PCB4723C Animal Physio: This class is INTENSE, but you will learn so much.
ZOO3713C Vert Anatomy: You spend an entire semester on a cat, really cool

I am an Integrative Bio Major (Very few people take this route at UF) Most are Nutrition or Microbio, so my classes may be a little different than others.

The dean of UFCD really like people to take Immunology, it is a grad course and very hard, but it will help you in dental school

Hope this helps,
-C

SuperC said:
The dean of UFCD really like people to take Immunology, it is a grad course and very hard, but it will help you in dental school

Hope this helps,
-C

Yeah, I'm thinking to take Immunology with a few friends. But heard that the passing rate is really low :scared:

Good luck dexadental...hang in there. :luck:

Thanks guys, haven't heard back from other schools yet, so hopefully the interview goes great and I can get in here...about interesting/fun bio classes...immunology is great if you want to kill yourself, :laugh: , pcb5235, and animal physiology as cj said is a great class...tough lab I hear.

Thanks for the input. Any more bio classes to suggest? How are micro and genetics? Any easier bio classes to take?

Oh my, genetics is tough...I really want to ace it next semester...in fact I must. It should be fun...it is interesting, but just insanely difficult.

DWade101 said:
Thanks for the input. Any more bio classes to suggest? How are micro and genetics? Any easier bio classes to take?

The 4000 level molecular biology (genetics) with Dr. Gurley is great in the spring. Materials are boring (just b/c I don't like genetics that much), but last year, according to Dr. Gurley himself, almost 50% of the class got A's. He was very helpful in all ways.

Or, Eukaryotic Cell Structure, or Virology?

BTW, dexadental, hope your interview went great today :luck: