Interview invites 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
univ. of washington invite today

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody heard from University of Nevada-Las Vegas. Funny, its the lowest ranking program I applyd to! Sent them a email a week ago asking and still havn't heard back.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm i actually got Wash U today, surprisingly. My scores aint that great, so are they just doing the fillers now? I would hate to go when they're not even gonna highly rank me.

so are they just doing the fillers now? I would hate to go when they're not even gonna highly rank me.

Same here, just got an invite from Wake Forest. Guess I have no choice but to check the program out anyway. Oh well!

Anybody heard from University of Nevada-Las Vegas. Funny, its the lowest ranking program I applyd to! Sent them a email a week ago asking and still havn't heard back.

I havent heard from them. And I thought that was a safety program!!!

Is there a late-November slowdown or what? I'm wondering if there will be one last flurry of invites and rejections on December 1st.

:/

Last edited:
same thing happened to me... attending talked to the PD, wrote me a letter-- which only got online 11/15... still no love... i don't know what you have to do... keep hoping i guess

emory recently..

"The Duke Interna (sic) Medicine Residency Training Program" rejected me today. Ya think they would proofread an email that they spam hundreds of people with.

Duke and Columbia double whammy rejections today. Columbia via e-mail and eras. Ouch.

Waiting for: Cornell, Emory, UofC, BID, UAB, UT-H

Rejections: Duke, Columbia, Stanford, Brigham, MGH, UPenn, UCSF,

Offers: Univ of Washington, Yale, Brown, GWU, Colorado, Case, UNC, Miami, Carolinas, Wake Forest, AE-Motefiore, Baylor (Houston), Baylor (Dallas), UTSW, Rush, A&M, UTSA, UTMB

Members don't see this ad :)
Got Mount Sinai, Columbia rejections today too.....Wow, in light of all "the best luck for my medical career" I've been getting lately I gotta go far! :) :D

Lol, I just got rejected from Columbia... for the second time! I got the idea the first time! Also rejection from Duke and Mount Sinai.

Updated list:

Interviews: Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Baystate, Boston U, Drexel, Hopkins, Beth Israel Deaconess, BWH, U Texas at Houston, Mayo-Rochester, Rush

Rejections: UPenn, MGH, GWU, University of Washington Seattle, Northwestern, Columbia, Mount Sinai, Duke

Waiting: Yale, Emory, Jefferson, Temple, Baylor, U Chicago, Cleveland clinic, U Michigan, Cornell, Georgetown, Brown, NYU

Lol, I just got rejected from Columbia... for the second time! I got the idea the first time! Also rejection from Duke and Mount Sinai.

Updated list:

Interviews: Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Baystate, Boston U, Drexel, Hopkins, Beth Israel Deaconess, BWH, U Texas at Houston, Mayo-Rochester, Rush

Rejections: UPenn, MGH, GWU, University of Washington Seattle, Northwestern, Columbia, Mount Sinai, Duke

Waiting: Yale, Emory, Jefferson, Temple, Baylor, U Chicago, Cleveland clinic, U Michigan, Cornell, Georgetown, Brown, NYU

wow... you've gotten offers from so many prestigious programs, i'm surprised you're waiting on any... did you just apply late to the others?

wow... you've gotten offers from so many prestigious programs, i'm surprised you're waiting on any... did you just apply late to the others?

No, I'm an IMG, unfortunately that places me last on the list of candidates at some institutions...

Hmmm, very impressive for an IMG to get all these top notch IV. I am just curious. Where are you from if you dont mind. GL.

Well, I have good scores, good LORs, and I'm Irish which helps I guess :)

I applied to too many places. I've heard from all of them now, with UCLA finally rejecting me. Here's my list, and best of luck to everyone:

Interviews: Wash U, UWash, UPenn, UMich, Mayo, UChicago, Northwestern, Emory, UNC, Vanderbilt, UTSW, Baylor-Houston, Mt Sinai, UCSD, OHSU, Colorado, Beth Israel Deaconess, Pitt

Rejections: MGH, BWH, Hopkins, UCSF, UCLA, Duke, Cornell, Columbia, Stanford, Yale

Like the above posters have stated, it's pretty tough to get spots at the top-tier places.

I applied to too many places. I've heard from all of them now, with UCLA finally rejecting me. Here's my list, and best of luck to everyone:

Interviews: Wash U, UWash, UPenn, UMich, Mayo, UChicago, Northwestern, Emory, UNC, Vanderbilt, UTSW, Baylor-Houston, Mt Sinai, UCSD, OHSU, Colorado, Beth Israel Deaconess, Pitt

Rejections: MGH, BWH, Hopkins, UCSF, UCLA, Duke, Cornell, Columbia, Stanford, Yale

Like the above posters have stated, it's pretty tough to get spots at the top-tier places.

:thumbdown: from ucla too. btw how many interviews you going to, all of them?

Anyone else still waiting??? I've still got like 3 I havn't heard from... not exactly looking forward to the emails I'm about to get, but I'd still like to know.

i am still waiting on 7! U of Chicago, Cornell, Mt. Sinai, Mt. Sinai Bronx, Georgetown, Cleveland, and one i can't remember. Am not expecting good news at this point, but would like to be put out of my misery!

rejected by duke!

I know that it is a very good program, but I still don't understand how I (luckily) got interviews at Boston programs, Hopkins but then got rejected by duke? I don't know... I guess they are just looking for something I don't have. :( Oh well.

I finally got my first rejection today, from University of Colorado. Still waiting to hear anything from U. Texas-Houston, U. Texas-San Antonio, Baylor, and U. Oklahoma.

I got interview invitations from UAMS, U. Missouri-Columbia, Baylor University Medical Center, U. Iowa, UAB, New Mexico, Loma Linda, Scott and White, Medical University of South Carolina, U. Texas-Galveston.

So far I've interviewed at the first 2, and will interview at the next 3, but cancelled the rest.

:( Haven't heard anything back from Baylor-Houston, Univ. of Rochester, and Brown...Oh well, but they could at least send you something to let you know to move on.

anyone else still waiting on the U of Chicago? I thought my man IMR said we'd hear by Dec 1. Maybe I misunderstood.

I'm still waiting on UC... although I havn't taken Step 2 and it seems like that's a requirement for the application there so I'm really not even counting Chicago at this point.

dr niceguy, is that really true about the step 2 requirement for our applications? cuz i took my step 2 last week so the programs wont get the results for another few weeks.

and i'm still waiting to hear from uchicago. i wonder if its because they are waiting on my step 2 score or they just dont even want to waste time emailing me a rejection!

dr niceguy, is that really true about the step 2 requirement for our applications? cuz i took my step 2 last week so the programs wont get the results for another few weeks.

and i'm still waiting to hear from uchicago. i wonder if its because they are waiting on my step 2 score or they just dont even want to waste time emailing me a rejection!

http://imr.bsd.uchicago.edu/form_contact.html

So according to their website yes. I believe Northwestern has a similar requirement per a friend. I don't know if this means you need the scores in or you should have just taken them by the time you apply. Either way I'm up the creek.

Neither Northwestern nor University of Chicago requires Step 2 to grant interviews. As far as I know, neither absolutely requires Step 2 before ranking either.

My buddy Imr at the University of Chicago came through again:

Good morning, The Internship Selection Committee is still reviewing applications. But don't hold your breath. Once a decision has been made on your application you will be notified through the ERAS email system, whether you have been granted an interview or not. My guess is "not." Have a wonderful day and thank you for your interest at the University of Chicago.

He's such a joker! I called last week and he was similarly joking around with me. I think he understands how frustrating this is for applicants because he keeps mentioning my "problem" which I think is his way of saying "stress." It's sometimes hard to understand him because he yells a lot just like me to overcome the language barrier. I'm glad I've worked hard to establish a good report with Imr, and I'm sure it will come up on Match Day.

Hi guys, one question, how would you rank these programs? Thanks
- Boston U
- Tufts/NEMC
- U of Mass
- Lahey Clinic, MA
- Thomas Jefferson

still praying for that last wave of invites (and not rejections).

Got an invite today! I really must have been in the very last batch of UW invites because they literally only had one interview date left! Not encouraging but I am so excited about the possibility of living in Seattle that I'm gonna remain hopeful:D

Oklahoma University, OK and Texas tech Lubbock for IM. Forget the boring place. Other than that, how are these universities when you apply for fellowship. Thanks in advance.

so i got an interview offer from George Washington U on friday 1/12/07! then i email them back to schedule an interview and they say the dates are all filled!!!! hahaha! i bet that's their way of softening the blow of rejection!

Just now got a rejection from UofChicago. Were they actually offering interview invites this late? I'd love to hear if anybody got an interview offer from Chicago in January.

Columbia rejection yesterday. I figured that since they were taking so long to reply to me.

Columbia rejection yesterday. I figured that since they were taking so long to reply to me.

Me too. It's not like I didn't expect it anyway, since all of the interviews are practically over now. The funny thing is there are still quite a few programs that never even bothered to reply at all

Hm, interview invite to Thomas Jefferson... I've already certified my rank list, it's a bit too late guys!

so i got an interview offer from George Washington U on friday 1/12/07! then i email them back to schedule an interview and they say the dates are all filled!!!! hahaha! i bet that's their way of softening the blow of rejection!

I dont know how a programs extends an invite so late in the process knowing all their spots for interview are filled!!

got a rejection from emory a few weeks ago- which was about a month after i withdrew my application from them. took all of my inner strength not to send a smart-as* email to them.

not good for the ego, when a program i'm absolutely uninterested in rejects me- this is a great reason not to overapply, if anyone else out there in the future is considering applying to more than 15 medicine programs.

Yea I hate it when stuff like that happens. I got two rejection letters from Columbia... wtf.. I get it. I know they get a couple thousand applicants but man did I want to tee off.

I have received three rejections from the same program!!! Like if one time isnt enough!!!

Hm, interview invite to Thomas Jefferson... I've already certified my rank list, it's a bit too late guys!

You can still change your list once you've certified, correct? Thanks.

You can still change your list once you've certified, correct? Thanks.

According to the NRMP website:
Changes still can be made to the rank order list after it has been certified. However, every time the list is changed, it must be certified again.

So yes.

hey yall , MS III here. i have a question about penn IM. everyone keeps saying its impossible to get into unless your stellar. how accurate is this? i'm not a well rounded applicant but i have a very competitive step 1 score but i'm probably middle 1/3 rank and NO impressive EC's/research. i've honored my med rotation and have surgery coming up. from what i'm seen, though, AOA is a prereq to be competent for penn.

idk, what do people think? i would ask people in my school that interviewed at penn but there isn't anybody! is it even worth doing an away and hoping for the best with this 'reach' program?