Interview invites update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Harvard/Spaulding and Schwab today.

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard invite today..

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah Spaulding today.

Hang in there myrandom2003, there are still quite a few more programs to hear from now that the MSPE has been released.

Just got an invite from Emory today...

I keep checking ERAS around the clock unfortunately...

columbia/cornell, osu, rush, uMich today.

melancholy said:
Yah Spaulding today.

Hang in there myrandom2003, there are still quite a few more programs to hear from now that the MSPE has been released.

second that. lots of programs just started offering interviews yesterday. hang in there and things should be ok.

Btw, my dean told me if I didn't get x number of interviews, to let him know. I don't know if this means your dean's office can intervene on your behalf, but maybe you should voice your concerns and see what they can do to help.

good luck!

Invites: marianjoy, nassau, Penn, Pitt, Saint Vincent's, NYU Rusk, Schwab
ADD: Rush

Rejections: Stanford

TY year invites: swedish covenant (chicago), forest park (St. L), St. John's Med. Mercy (St. L)

TY rejections: west suburban (chicago)

Columbia-Cornell today and Rush a few days ago :laugh:
Congrats to everyone on their interviews so far!
For those of you who got an interview at Emory, do u mind sharing your stats, like class rank and board scores, I got rejected and was just wondering what they were looking for.

Thanks!

Pennsylvania hospital transitional-rejected

Invites Today-
Emory
Columbia Cornell

Those of you that have heard from these schools, how did the invitations come in, e-mail or snail mail? How did the rejections come? email/snail mail?

Also when did you first hear from them? It seems like Stanford sent their invites before November 1? And Harvard Columbia waited until after Nov 1?

Anyone heard from UTSW yet?

For those of you who got an interview at Emory, do u mind sharing your stats, like class rank and board scores, I got rejected and was just wondering what they were looking for.

UMich
Emory
Baylor Dallas

Don't know what Emory looks for. No class rank/GPA (P/F only). Maybe I got invited after the dean's letter because it has narratives in it that give more flavor other than Ps on a transcript. Board scores are passing, don't really want to comment more than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
quidnunc said:
Those of you that have heard from these schools, how did the invitations come in, e-mail or snail mail? How did the rejections come? email/snail mail?

Also when did you first hear from them? It seems like Stanford sent their invites before November 1? And Harvard Columbia waited until after Nov 1?

Anyone heard from UTSW yet?

invites all came by email. Columbia/cornell was the only one that called me up. I didn't know stanford sent their invites that early, was waiting to hear from them still :(

I haven't heard from UTSW, which is weird because the coordinator told me they offer interviews early.

camibella said:
Columbia-Cornell today and Rush a few days ago :laugh:
Congrats to everyone on their interviews so far!

Thanks!

Class rank is top 25%....average board scores on COMLEX I only (no USMLE), a few publications including 2nd author publications in two rehab journals..
Funny thing is that I applied to Emory just a few days ago....just goes to show you there's no magic formula to the interview selection process.

At least you've heard from Columbia-Cornell...still waiting for them.

invites all came by email. Columbia/cornell was the only one that called me up. I didn't know stanford sent their invites that early, was waiting to hear from them still :(

I haven't heard from UTSW, which is weird because the coordinator told me they offer interviews early.

Columbia/Cornell called you? Do they do that for everyone who gets interviews from them?

I'm being paranoid that my voice mail didn't work that day...as it is known to happen!

Fooman said:
Columbia/Cornell called you? Do they do that for everyone who gets interviews from them?

I'm being paranoid that my voice mail didn't work that day...as it is known to happen!

Columbia Cornell called me (so did JFK).
Does anyone know anything about C/C's program being on probation?

Colorado
Michigan

Université du Californie à Irvine
utsw

I hadn't heard anything about probation, why would they be on it?

cyanocobalamin said:
Columbia Cornell called me (so did JFK).
Does anyone know anything about C/C's program being on probation?

Have never heard anything about this. where did you hear it from, and how can we follow up on it?

Fooman said:

if you call up c/c's number for their residency program, at the very end it says " if you are a residency applicant returning our call, please leave your phone number and pager number...blah blah" Since they didn't send me an email, I assume they only call. You should check with the coordinator (Ms. Choi sp?) because I was already having trouble scheduling that day...

PC told me that they don't look at aps til Nov 1st. Several residents there have told me that RIC was among the last to roll in.

Interview invites so far: Schwab, Marianjoy, JFK, NYU-Rusk, MUO-Toledo, Mt Sinai, SUNY-Stony Brook

No rejections as of yet (thank god) but I'm starting to wonder about Columbia/Cornell as I haven't gotten a voicemail from them yet. :( I would imagine that the folks at RIC will meet up this weekend, sift through the applications, and start sending out invites next week. Just my guess...

Mystique said:
Interview invites so far: Schwab, Marianjoy, JFK, NYU-Rusk, MUO-Toledo, Mt Sinai, SUNY-Stony Brook

No rejections as of yet (thank god) but I'm starting to wonder about Columbia/Cornell as I haven't gotten a voicemail from them yet. :( I would imagine that the folks at RIC will meet up this weekend, sift through the applications, and start sending out invites next week. Just my guess...

Do most programs always send out the bulk of their invitations in a span of one or two days? I think there is still some leeway, but yeah... still waiting for that voice mail.

UTSW today, Schwab a couple of days ago!

what exactly is Schwab?? am i just out of the loop. ive never heard of this program.

also, has anyone actually gotten rejections from harvard. i know theyve sent invites but i havent gotten rejected. what does this mean? when did you guys get your invitations to harvard?

What dates were people offered interviews for Hopkins? I was offered Dec 3 and Nov 12? Are these the only two dates?

quidnunc said:
what exactly is Schwab?? am i just out of the loop. ive never heard of this program.

u of chicago

Hey Cyano,

It seems like you have received a quiet significant amount of interviews. Do you mine if you share ur stats? I am particularly interested in your step scores, class ranking, and any other significant accomplishments (ie., AOA, Research, etc.) This is the 2nd time I am applying for the field, but it doesn't seem like I am receiving the huge load of interviews as you are...
Thanks once again for your attention.

melancholy said:
Do most programs always send out the bulk of their invitations in a span of one or two days? I think there is still some leeway, but yeah... still waiting for that voice mail.

I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions... :D While I think SDN is a great resource sometimes it causes me undue anxiety. :laugh:

cyanocobalamin said:
Yes. Says so even on their website. Each day has an early and late session. Mine starts at 11am e.g.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Rehab/education/residency.html

The PD mentioned to me before that the two days of interviews worked pretty well the last few years for the program. I believe UC-Davis may also incorporate something similar with only two interview days a season.

Sivastraba said:
Hey Cyano,

It seems like you have received a quiet significant amount of interviews. Do you mine if you share ur stats? I am particularly interested in your step scores, class ranking, and any other significant accomplishments (ie., AOA, Research, etc.) This is the 2nd time I am applying for the field, but it doesn't seem like I am receiving the huge load of interviews as you are...

Cyano is the bomb. I recall we asked about these specifics not too long ago for that very reason.

Hey Cyano - how many places did you apply to?

also, has anyone actually gotten rejections from harvard. i know theyve sent invites but i havent gotten rejected. what does this mean? when did you guys get your invitations to harvard?

Sivastraba said:
Hey Cyano,

Mentioned in a previous post that my school has no grades, no class rankings, and therefore you might be able to deduce - no elections for AOA yet we generally do pretty good in the match as we're a proactive bunch (we have to be since we have to distinguish ourselves independently on our own special qualities, traits, and merits since our school doesn't do it for us by creating one as 14/230 in class rank for example though they do highlight us as unique individuals and try to show our uniqueness, etc.); don't really have much to say on my own personal board scores - I will say my school's average is in the 220s (I go to a noncompetitive school and have no idea what my classmates' scores are, it's just something we don't talk about). I do feel like my classmates are in general really good communicators though, last year no one failed step 2 cs.

I believe I am the only person in my whole class applying to PM&R and I get jestfully teased by the faculty in some departments about my choice (an attending told me today: oh, sounds great, make twice as much as I do, no call and you get weekends off!) - haven't had anyone go into the field in a few years from my school. Some poster session research but no pubs. Have a PM&R related project cooking this year. Some fun extra-curricular activities, a few leadership roles in medical school. Did some away rotations in PM&R and got a letter from an away rotation. I applied broadly (>30 <40)and have had better luck attracting interviews from some geographic locales than others (the South has been very gracious to me). Sorry I don't have any more insight into my own success, I'm stunned myself and was a bit worried at first since my first news in the whole process was a thin envelope from Wayne State.

Continued best of luck to everyone!

I realize this process can be a bit stressful, but don't you feel as though you are being a bit invasive? While you're at it you maybe can get his/her shirt size also! At this point you can't change any of your board scores or class ranking so how will any of that information help you? Everyone just needs to take a deep breath......it'll all work out in the end....everything happens for a reason!

Sivastraba said:
Hey Cyano,

Invites from Utah, U of Missouri, Marionjoy, and U of Indiana.

Invite from MSU asking me to apply to the DO program since they are probably going to withdraw from the ACGME match :confused:

No rejections so far, but all the above invites were from a few weeks ago - I haven't heard anything the last few days...

Mystique said:
I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions... :D While I think SDN is a great resource sometimes it causes me undue anxiety. :laugh:

I agree w/Mystique. SDN is great to get a feel of how many places to apply to and the general type of applicant matching into certain programs. Someone made a comment that there is no reason to know our stats b/c everything is pretty much locked in. This may be true for us, although it may be helpful for those that will be going through this next year.

As for anxiety, I use to check my email once a day with no stress. I didn't expect anything before November, felt great to be invited prior to that. Now wondering why I don't get an invite each time I check my email (which is at least 4 times a day)! Hopefully this coming week will give me all my invitations and rejections.

:thumbup: Invitations so far: Kessler, Hopkins, Georgetown NRH, Colorado, Temple, UCI, Michigan, and Emory

:thumbdown: Thanks but no thanks list: U of Washington

cancelling a number of interviews today. PM me if u want to know which ones.

It is starting to be pretty interesting trying to "choreograph" an interview schedule together. I can't wait to predict how much I will get to spend on travelling costs, but this will be a lot more travelling than I've done in years!

Interview invites: Miami, Emory, Alabama, UVA, VCU, EVMS, UNC, ECU, Charlotte, Hopkins, Sinai (Baltimore), Baylor/UT, UTSW

Still (anxiously) waiting to hear a yes or no from all the Cali schools.
Thanks for all the info you guys are providing. I've been reading posts for a while now and decided to go ahead and register myself.

melancholy said:
It is starting to be pretty interesting trying to "choreograph" an interview schedule together. I can't wait to predict how much I will get to spend on travelling costs, but this will be a lot more travelling than I've done in years!

yeah, its insane. I'm predicting 4-5000$ including airfare and hotel. Add on ancillary costs like the suit + other clothing, printing, food...

I miss the days of job searches when companies would fly you out, put you up in a hotel, and wine and dine you!

On the plus side, we'll all be visiting some pretty interesting places...I'm trying to get a few extra days worth of vacation out of some interviews ;)

Which programs are u cancelling?

Atlantic said:
Interview invites: Miami, Emory, Alabama, UVA, VCU, EVMS, UNC, ECU, Charlotte, Hopkins, Sinai (Baltimore), Baylor/UT, UTSW

Still (anxiously) waiting to hear a yes or no from all the Cali schools.
Thanks for all the info you guys are providing. I've been reading posts for a while now and decided to go ahead and register myself.

Welcome and best of luck to you. :)

Perhaps I got the short end of the stick, but why did UAB only offer me one interview date? :( If some spots on other days don't open up, I'll have to withdraw from there via default... :thumbdown:

since my post keeps getting ignored, ill try to post this again

quidnunc said:
since my post keeps getting ignored, ill try to post this again

I doubt people are intentionally ignoring your post. The majority of programs still have not sent out any rejections (based on what I've read here and discussions with my classmates). Perhaps these programs are just biding their time...this process is unpredictable. I didn't apply to Spaulding, so I can't speak from personal experience but some of my classmates that did apply there have yet to be rejected from there.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here is my list:

Invites: UVA, UTSW, UPenn, U Chicago, NYU, Cornell/Columbia, St Vinny, MCW

Rejections: UWash, Mayo