Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pk62281

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Maybe this question is too hard to answer or nobody really knows. If an interview invite is not received, when people who submitted around the same time have received invites, is there a high chance that the only the following will happen?
1. Rejection
2. Interview invite after December.
I spoke with MWU-AZ and they said they have reviewed my application and it's on "hold". My assumption is that they've already taken a look, and was not convinced that I should be interviewed. Therefore, why would they bother to reconsider me unless a lot of people that were extended offers dont accept? Which would have to be after December.

The reason why I am so concerned is that I still need to take Anatomy and Physiology (MWU is the only school that requires it from the schools that I've applied to) and I really need to know if MWU is a possibility early on. Also, it would be nice to have an early invite for morale.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1 and 2 are both possibilities.

I would just take the courses anyways unless its creates a scheduling conflicting with pre-reqs that is required for all schools. So you have to prioritize in that case.

MWU-az isn't the only school that requires physiology. though it might be the only one just for schools you applied to.

1 and 2 are both possibilities.

I would just take the courses anyways unless its creates a scheduling conflicting with pre-reqs that is required for all schools. So you have to prioritize in that case.

MWU-az isn't the only school that requires physiology. though it might be the only one just for schools you applied to.

I understand that 1 and 2 are both possibilites. I guess my question is "If I don't receive an invite when they first review my application, is it safe to assume that I probably (not for sure, just probably, because nothing is for sure) will not receive an invite until after December or rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that's the case. I wouldn't be too quick to assume you're already out of the running for a pre-december interview, it's still really really early. You're probably just reading into it too much, which is exactly what SDN makes us all do.

I don't know if I'm picturing this right since I don't have any evidence to back it up. But a logical way to put you at a better place is when they place you into a pool of applicants who might share similar qualifications, then when the number of people in your pool builds up, they will start choosing people from YOUR pool of applicants for interview. It makes some sense because you haven't received a rejection, which leads me to think that you are still in the game.

This is a good question, I do wonder how the process works. I sent my secondary days before others who received an interview. I know they have reviewed my application and decided not to offer me an interview. I do feel like chances are much slimmer once you know they have reviewed your application but did not extend an interview offer. They probably put your application aside along with every other applicant that has been passed over for an interview. After they have offered interviews to everyone they like, and if they still haven't filled in all their seats, then I can see them re-reviewing everyone that has been skipped and send out more interviews in the spring.