Interview Offers for 2010 DPT

Started by rlw237
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey,

I applied to MGH too, i was wondering what your GPA/GRE/experience was..

& good luck on the interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I applied to MGH too, i was wondering what your GPA/GRE/experience was..

& good luck on the interview!


Hey! I copied my post from the other thread below...thank you! Are you interviewing too?



icon1.gif

Update 1/17

University: University of Montana
University Major: Exercise Science, Pre-PT
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.62 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.43
GRE: 480V 650Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Study abroad in Australia, Resident Assistant, Golden Key Honor Society - President (various food/toiletry drives, etc), teach ski lessons (winter break), secretary at insurance agency (summer), study abroad ambassador, Flagship program, Alpine Ski Team, Relay for Life.

Volunteer: 220 hours outpatient, 163 hours inpatient/nursing home, 80 hours in Australian clinic

Applications: MGH, Boston U, Northern Arizona, U of Montana, Idaho State, UCSF/SFSU, U of Washington, Puget Sound

Acceptances: None yet

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: UCSF/SFSU, MGH
 
Noo - I didn't get an interview =(, I was hoping for one.. I don't know if i still have a shot though..it seems like its pretty late in the game!

Your extracurriculars are definately impressive!! I have similar stats although I'm a Canadian student, so I'm not sure how many Cdn students they actually accept in to their program. I applied to Boston U as well, heard they send out letters in Feb!

University: University of Western Ontario (Canada)
University Major: BSc in Honors Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.37 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.43
GRE: 450V 730Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: Grade 12 Calculus, Physics, Chemistry & biology tutor, Volunteer at Pediatric Rehabiliation hospital, Canadian Cancer Society - VP of Fundraising, Relay for Life, Starlight Children's Foundation volunteer, Certified Kinesiologist (CK) with the Ontario Kinesiology Association, Can-Fit PRO Personal Training Specialist (PTS)

Volunteer: 150+ hours outpatient, 80+ hours children's rehabilitation hospital, 100+ hours in ER, Gynecology wing

Applications: MGH, Boston U, UofMiami, Emory U, Arcadia, Western University of Health Sciences

Acceptances: None yet

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: Emory
icon1.gif
 
Oh no, sorry! I don't know if that is the only weekend they are doing interviews..maybe there will be more! I don't think it should matter if you are a Canadian student for most school, as long as you have the pre-reqs. I would think it would even add some diversity. Have you heard from any of the other schools you applied to? I heard mid-Feb for Boston U as wel, keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck!!