Interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizzylu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I tried a quick search for this but couldn't come up with much for ophthal.
Just wondering for those folks who've previously applied, when did you start hearing back from programs about interviews?
In Sept? or mostly in Oct? the latest ones?
Also, were most of them phone calls, emails, a mix? Just wanna know if I should stop screening unknown numbers soon ;)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Same....september/october....and a few last minute ones in November(mostly if the program had someone cancel they will try and scramble someone to fill the spot)
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
They were mostly emails but also a few phone calls. I got obsessive about checking email because the sooner you reply the better your chances of getting the interview date you want (or need since so many interview dates overlap!). also a few programs sent out more interview invitations than they had space for - so those who actually got an interview were those who replied first!

greenwitch

It may be too early for interview offers, but it ain't too early for rejections.