interview on dec2nd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raZ10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my interview is on dec2nd and i was wondering when i should be expecting to hear back from them? on jan1st or a little earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

raZ10 said:
my interview is on dec2nd and i was wondering when i should be expecting to hear back from them? on jan1st or a little earlier?

i think it really depends on when the committee meets. if they meet every two weeks on a monday, or if they always meet the week after to discuss the interviewees of the previous week, it really just depends. after they meet i really think they can accept you, depending on their procedure.

i think after jan 1st is a good estimate (to be safe), it could be sooner.

I know a few current dental students who were accepted two weeks after the interview. So if you made a very good impression, I think you might even hear from the school before the end of the year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think at Columbia, the committee meets every Friday and makes a decision on the applicants who interviewed with them the previous week (last friday).

raZ10 said:
are you kidding me? Everyone knows that after dec. 1st they will tell you immediately following the interview if they want you or not. :laugh:

berryfremont said:
are you kidding me? Everyone knows that after dec. 1st they will tell you immediately following the interview if they want you or not. :laugh:

I agree.

berryfremont said:

Do you mean the interviewer "hints at it"?

berryfremont said:

Not at all true. they normally have to wait and see how many candidates will accept their offers and accept the rest based on the number of the seats they still have open. However, since the OP has great stats, he/she may hear very soon after the interview.

Comet208 said:
Not at all true. they normally have to wait and see how many candidates will accept their offers and accept the rest based on the number of the seats they still have open. However, since the OP has great stats, he/she may hear very soon after the interview.
i was being facetious. take a load off and relax. You will get in eventually.

I interviewed on Dec 2 last year in the morning, the committee met that afternoon, and I got the call later in the day. It all depends on when the committee meets to discuss everyone in your interview group. This was at UW, so I don't know how Columbia's system works. Best of luck to you!!