Interview Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blacksweater

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what's a good source to get up-to-date with topics such as health care policy, medical ethics, and other current events?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, what's a good source to get up-to-date with topics such as health care policy, medical ethics, and other current events?
Honestly, in my interview experience (n=1) I was asked very little about current events. Maybe two or three times in 20+ interviews. And all three were about access/obamacare. This was in 2014-2015, by the way. You'll be better for doing the research and forming your opinions, but don't neglect doing research on the individual schools that interview you as well.

Also.. "The Healthcare Handbook" by Askin and Moore is a great guide to the policies

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't mean for that to be boastful, only to lend credence to what I was saying. To clarify, mid-teens interview days attended, with 25-30 actual interviews with different people because most schools have two, some have three (student and faculty, etc) interviews for you at the interview day.

I didn't mean for that to be boastful, only to lend credence to what I was saying. To clarify, mid-teens interview days attended, with 25-30 actual interviews with different people because most schools have two, some have three (student and faculty, etc) interviews for you at the interview day.
I thought you meant you interviewed at 20+ schools. Mid teens is still pretty redic.

I thought you meant you interviewed at 20+ schools. Mid teens is still pretty redic.
Yeah, there are people that do. There are people who don't worry about the finances of it, or they don't get an acceptance mid-cycle and that makes them have to keep going around.