interview q: if dentistry disappeared what would you do in life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baobao

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure what kind of answer they are looking for? any clue......

Members don't see this ad.

I would reinvent dentistry.

BTW @Vicviper why not medicine? It seems like a logical career to look at...

Members don't see this ad :)
explain how fate would spark your mind to wonder what exactly makes up enamel.

I would reinvent dentistry.

BTW @Vicviper why not medicine? It seems like a logical career to look at...

Well, if it's true, sure, say that. The only issue is that this brings up the very murky question of "why dent and not med?" And that's a tricky question that's better to avoid.

Also, I think the question is trying to look more into the non-health science side of you, to see what else you're interested in.

I would be a mechanic if i had to go into a non-health field

police officer

great retirement plans...

Last edited:
I do a bit of flying. I would probably grab all my certs for helicopters all the way to instrument instructor...Teach for a while to build my hours up...Then try and get a job flying for a hospital or police. If not that then something along the lines of a tour pilot, or a taxi pilot (like back and forth to oil rigs).

i would join the army and try to become a Ranger. :)

Even though it may not be entirely possible I'd probably try my hardest to become a professional dancer.... or more realistically an architect....always loved building things (queue one of the reasons why I decided on dentistry).
If you give a truthful answer I'm sure youd be fine...and ya i'd prolly not say medicine just because it gives an opportunity for adcoms to ask right after "Why not medicine" like mentioned above....don't wanna be stuck in that position!

Get my Ph.D and be a professor... noting too hard core, definitely one of the social sciences.

well I am a non-traditional student (pre-dental at day, software engineer by night)... I would just go back to software engineering until I find something to spark a fire under my butt to switch careers (again)

I had this question and I said a genetic counselor. My major is psych but I have a lot of bio, so that was logical for me to say. To be honest it's my back-up that I don't even think about because all I want is to be a dentist :).

I'd try to steal away the job from that old six flags, great adventurer dude.

imgres