Interview q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tatu78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So someone recently posted a potential list of questions that may be asked during an interview. One of them was, " why should we pick you over someone else who may have similar stats and gpa as you?"

If I had gotten this question, I would honestly answer it with "i dont know how badly the other person wants to attend this school, but i know that ive been eyeing this school for quite a while..." Or something along the lines of being realllly interested in becoming the class of xxxx at this school. Does this response sound weird, almost needy( ...begging to be accepted?)? How would you answer it?

I would certainly bring up ecs if I had any that was worth mentioning.

Sanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This question is where they'd probably want you to talk about your personality and traits that you show.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
You would find their motto, vision, mission bla bla bla, and see how does that match with you, and your skills, to say that you would be a best fit.
Also, why would you want to go to that school in the first place? financial aspect, close to family, exploring new city, independent on your own... Bla bla

Reactions: 1 user
Basically they want to know if you are humble. You need to let them know why YOU chose their school and why THEY should choose you. You are investing in them as much as they are investing in you. Exude confidence but do not become cocky or make yourself sound like you are above others.

Reactions: 1 user