Interview Question Advice

Started by Tazzaras
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tazzaras

Tall Indian
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview with Nova this thursday (march 10) and I was told from friend that one of the questions they might ask is to tell them about my background. I was wondering how I should attack this question. Do they want how I was raised or about my undergrad education. THanks
 
My approach was to tell enough to explain how I got to be an optometry school applicant. What were my motivations? Why did my path deviate from an original goal? What experiences created my fundamental personality traits that make optometry a good fit for me and, likewise, me for it?

If you want more sample questions/interview feedback, do a search on "interview". There's a ton of stuff already covered.

- dot.
 
Tazzaras said:
I have my interview with Nova this thursday (march 10) and I was told from friend that one of the questions they might ask is to tell them about my background. I was wondering how I should attack this question. Do they want how I was raised or about my undergrad education. THanks

That's usually just a starter question so that the interviewer can start a conversation with you. In my interviews I got 1-2 sentences into my response before my interviewer and I went off on a tangent.

If something in you background really stands out you can mention that. Or you can start with how you got interested in optometry.

Hope this helps and good luck!