Interview Question Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tazzaras

Tall Indian
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my interview with Nova this thursday (march 10) and I was told from friend that one of the questions they might ask is to tell them about my background. I was wondering how I should attack this question. Do they want how I was raised or about my undergrad education. THanks

Members don't see this ad.

My approach was to tell enough to explain how I got to be an optometry school applicant. What were my motivations? Why did my path deviate from an original goal? What experiences created my fundamental personality traits that make optometry a good fit for me and, likewise, me for it?

If you want more sample questions/interview feedback, do a search on "interview". There's a ton of stuff already covered.

- dot.

Tazzaras said:
I have my interview with Nova this thursday (march 10) and I was told from friend that one of the questions they might ask is to tell them about my background. I was wondering how I should attack this question. Do they want how I was raised or about my undergrad education. THanks

That's usually just a starter question so that the interviewer can start a conversation with you. In my interviews I got 1-2 sentences into my response before my interviewer and I went off on a tangent.

If something in you background really stands out you can mention that. Or you can start with how you got interested in optometry.

Hope this helps and good luck!