Interview Question Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent2009

YEEE BOI
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview later this month. If they ask me whether I was already accepted into another school or not (which I was!), do you think it would be detrimental to say that I have? Perhaps they'll see that i'm already accepted elsewhere so they'll give the seat to someone else... what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview later this month. If they ask me whether I was already accepted into another school or not (which I was!), do you think it would be detrimental to say that I have? Perhaps they'll see that i'm already accepted elsewhere so they'll give the seat to someone else... what do you guys think?

To me, if you're accepted and you're attending this interview, you must want to attend. (unless you have extra cash to waste)....

just tell them you get exterminations everytime u play social

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't lie.
I know some schools (ex. SIU and UIC) are very connected with each other and they might know who's accepted to where.
So play it safe and tell them the truth!!!!
BUT also tell them that their school is your top choice and am wiling to attend the interview. (Hey, they can't really find out whether that's true, right?:smuggrin:)
Good luck.

To me, if you're accepted and you're attending this interview, you must want to attend. (unless you have extra cash to waste)....

This was my philosophy. I straight out told this to my interviewer at Maryland, even though i got into my state school which is an awsome school I still came to this interview cuz i really want to come here (which wasnt actually true). Be smart and a little white lie never hurt anyone.

Whatever happened to the idea that honesty is the best policy? Seriously, be truthful. Did any of you guys get an ethics question in your interviews? If you tell someone that a school is your top choice (when they aren't) just so you can have a better chance at getting in, is wrong.

I think the best answer to give would be to say that you were willing to give any school a try, if they were willing to give you a try.

technically, that's a "red flag" question - - they are not actually supposed to ask you anything like that. invasion of privacy....

technically, that's a "red flag" question - - they are not actually supposed to ask you anything like that. invasion of privacy....

so what would you say to them during your interview if you were asked? forget the technicalities....

I love the BS lawyer crap you'd year in back-in-the-day.

if you are asked that i would just tell the truth with some butter...

such as... yes, i have received a couple of offers, but i am interested in getting the best dental education that i can and i feel that your school has a lot to offer... blah blah blah

just spin it so that it looks like you are trying to make and educated decision about your future... make it about you.... not the individual schools...