interview question @ SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quick Slvr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading the interview feed back for SUNY buffalo and one of the question they always seem to ask is, " What does professionalism mean to you ? !:confused: This seems like a diffcult question to answer on an interview. I have a diffcult time thinking critically in front of people i dont know, especially when the pressures on. How would you guys answer this question? I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks. Any type of help would really help me out. thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

LOL, I think I've gotten into enough arguments on the topic of professionalism on this here board... Those old threads might be of some use to you maybe if you want to dig'em up.

How many interviews have you had so far? If you already had lots of interviews at the schools you really want to go to (CA schools I assume), I don't know if it will be worth your money and effort to come all the way out here to Buffalo for an interview.

Thank you for your reply UBTom, I applied late and i have some interviews coming up, i already had one at USC, but the school is really expensive. The tution is even higher than NYU. I wanted to get in to a state school. I know i am an out of state resident but it will still be cheaper then most private schools.
I tried searching but didn't find any helpfull posts, thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick Slvr,

If you would like to stay in CA after graduation, you probably should go to USC even with the insane tuition. Simply bcos CA schools teach you how to pass the state board.

When is your interview at USC?

ecdoesit, I definatly want to stay in california. The USC interview didn't go as well as a expected it to go. There were alot of people in my group that were really talkative. although i did get some of my points across during the PBL session I feel as though other did a lot more talking then i did. Thanks for your help!

There were about 9 out of 12 people from California at my Buffalo interview. I think they were a little freaked out by the cold and snow. Everyone is asked the professionalism question. First I listed some basic definitions then I told them that ?My instructors will teach me professionalism by be professional. Like Aristotle?s idea of teaching virtue by being virtuous.? Don?t know how I pulled that one together so fast. You better not use that one I think they wrote it down.

Quick Slvr,

How exactly do they judge you? Do they walk near your group or have survilence camera to get your every movement? Well, the quality of the discussion is more important than the quantity, right?

ecdoesit, I am not sure on how they judge, but things are not looking good for me. I should have asked them how they judge but it was during the end of the visit and after the session i felt pretty lousey. It felt like I failed an exam. Does any one know how many people they interview and how many acceptance they send out?? There were alot of people at my interview, some where around 30. Thanks for you help!