Jul 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi all, I had my interview on last Thursday, the interview suppose to be 30 minutes but they let me out 22 minutes after, is that a bad sign? In my interview I was doing all the talk and the two interviewers were only asking questions. I also have a question, what is the logic of asking this question: what would you do if you don't get admitted? why would an interviewer ask such question??? he or she is exactly looking for what ???

Any response is appreciated

Thanks

snickersrx

5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I guess they ask that question to see what kind of person you really are and if you are really passionate about pursing pharmacy. If you say that you will give up in pursuing pharmacy and pursue something else, most likely they will think that you are not committed and dedicated towards the field. Hope this helps. :) Im sure you did fine. What school did you interview for?

OP
B
Jul 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
hi, thanks for your reply...well at first I told them that I'm here to get accepted to the program and that I have my strong science knowledge and patient care contact experience so I see no reason of not getting accepted....then one of the interviewers was like let's say hypothetically, that you don't get accepted....then I told them that I'm currently doing medical lab technician program, I will finish it this May and hopefully find a job and I will reapply again to pharmacy school.....what do you think?

Mar 18, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
As long as you said something along the line of "I will reapply to pharmacy school again to pursue my dream as a pharmacist" or similar to it you should be fine. If you said that you will pursue a different career path as an actor or actress, then they may not take you so serious.

Reactions: snickersrx

TigerPharm

5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2013
Texas
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
It's a common interview question to see how dedicated you are to the field of Pharmacy. The "I see no reason of not getting accepted" part may have been a little.. bold, perhaps lol. Even the best of applicants can be rejected for various reasons, you can never tell. But at least you stated that you were going to try and reapply to the Pharmacy program again instead of trying to pursue another career, otherwise they may have written you off right then and there.

OP
B
Jul 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Awesome guys, I have my next interview on the 14th of december at ohio state....good luck to everyone

Jan 5, 2011
Washington
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
One of my interviews was supposed to be on average 25-30 minutes also and I was done barely at 20 minutes. But my questions were easy and I had practiced beforehand to answer clearly and concisely.... and was accepted! So don't worry if your time is shorter than others. Plus, some interviewers talk less than others.

As for the question "what will you do if you don't get admitted?" you should tell them how you will improve yourself over (greater pharmacy experience, more classes, etc) the next year and then reapplying as a "stronger and more prepared" applicant.

I also suggest staying humble and showing that you have compassion, in your answers :D