Interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the biggest issue facing dentistry today?

I need your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, someone has dumped on this yet!

kimsaekyu said:

I need your opinion.

SDN is the biggest issue facing dentistry. Many dental students spend too much time @SDN and little time in library or sim. labs. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dental insurance. Though most full time employees get medical insurance, dental insurance is a lot harder to come by. A lot of people don't have it and avoid the dentist because they cannot afford the services.

kimsaekyu said:

I need your opinion.

keeping dentistry autonomous and away from what happened with medicine

that and . . .
rural areas recieving zero care

either of those would be good to talk about, just do some research and you'll be fine

kimsaekyu said:

I need your opinion.

incompetent *****s possibly becoming dentists... show some capacity for independent and rational thought.....

:eek: :eek: Gosh, take it easy. All he wanted are opinions, i've learnt something just reading this thread and I will also do some research and try to learn stuff.
Take a deep breath. :)

phremius said:
incompetent *****s possibly becoming dentists... show some capacity for independent and rational thought.....

anger managment??? hmmmm???

I don't want you to be my dentist you raging bull!

phremius said:

best luck to you but can't see your bright future

phremius said:

i personally found this comment to be pretty funny

wait until you get into dental school and you have people who ace the tests but they are mixing plaster with their finger instead of a spatula because they are confused

superchris147 said:
i personally found this comment to be pretty funny

wait until you get into dental school and you have people who ace the tests but they are mixing plaster with their finger instead of a spatula because they are confused

That might be funny to see book smart people failing in the simplest of tasks but phremius said the OP was an incompetent ***** for asking other's opinions!!! Who's the *****?

kimsaekyu said:

I need your opinion.
Biggest problem is affording everybody the possibility of Dental Care- From the Poorest to the most Afluent-
Madicade-Many private offices shy away from it. The clinics are over crowded.
I think giving dentists some sort of Bonus for allowing in patients w/Madicade.
Senior Discounts ( Make it Affordable for Grandma and Garand PA)

:)

kimsaekyu said:

I need your opinion.

Teeth are the biggest issues facing dentistry today. If we could simply get rid of all the teeth in the world dentists would have far fewer problems.

chordata said:
Teeth are the biggest issues facing dentistry today. If we could simple get rid of all the teeth in the world dentists would have far fewer problems.
and jobs

howui3 said:
anger managment??? hmmmm???

I don't want you to be my dentist you raging bull!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20051103/sc_space/angerisgoodforyou

ha! :smuggrin:

you jackasses can't read, concern is incompetent *****s entering dentistry because damn... look at all these people who can't figure out how the whole application process works when the directions can be readily found in a variety of places. I told the author to do some critical thinking cause he's gotta come up with his own personal idea of what are critical issues facing the profession.

and if you really need a web forum to tell you how you should respond to interview questions.... i have nothing but pity and disdain for you

phremius said:
Relax man. Dentists are also empathetic caregivers. You are in dental school right now, but you must have remembered the time when you are shaking in fear because this one interview can decide if you live your dream or not.

phremius said:

you jackasses can't read, concern is incompetent *****s entering dentistry because damn... look at all these people who can't figure out how the whole application process works when the directions can be readily found in a variety of places. I told the author to do some critical thinking cause he's gotta come up with his own personal idea of what are critical issues facing the profession.

and if you really need a web forum to tell you how you should respond to interview questions.... i have nothing but pity and disdain for you

SND was created to open a discussion between students in the healthcare field, it allows us to share opinions, bounce ideas off each other, and HELP those confused. I don't know everything and I don't have time to call every school with every one of my questions, so this forum is a great help.

I am not the first one going through the application process, and there are people that have gone through this and have feedback and comments that can be helpful for me.

Instead of attacking others, just don't post!!!!!!!!! The original questions was asking for faults in the dental field, your reply was not relevant, so keep it to your self!!!!!!

phremius said:

you guys all need to chill, I know phremius personally, and he is a good guy. last week his prescription for zoloft ran out and now he is a a little hyperagressive. he's just reaching out for help now. Please be kind.

TimR said:
you guys all need to chill, I know phremius personally, and he is a good guy. last week his prescription for zoloft ran out and now he is a a little hyperagressive. he's just reaching out for help now. Please be kind.

that's understandable, hang in there phremius, :eek: refill is on its way.

dat_student said:
SDN is the biggest issue facing dentistry. Many dental students spend too much time @SDN and little time in library or sim. labs. :)

That's the truth. I should be spending my time right now studying for an upcoming myology exam. What am I doing instead? - Wandering around SDN.....sigh....

Sprgrover said:
That's the truth. I should be spending my time right now studying for an upcoming myology exam. What am I doing instead? - Wandering around SDN.....sigh....

hehe, me too. I had a political exam this morning and instead of studying last night, I was lurking around these forums and coming up with a 3 year plan to graduate earlier so I could join in on the fun of filling out apps, etc.

TimR said:

There is a red-headed guy in my orthopedics class whose mother has an endless supply of medical marijuana...Marinol, I think it's called. Maybe he should offer some to ol' Phremy...it's time for us all to help eachother.