interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glk2101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question about interviews..

So I took my dat on Sept 30 and got a nice score-TS:26 AA:24, and submitted everything online in June..however my committee letter was just recieved.
I ordered my DAT scores to schools and am just waiting on that..

Do I have a chance at first round interviews still? Does it take a long time after my official scores are recieved for interview invites to be sent out? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

3 weeks for DAT scores sent out; pre- pr post-december interviews all depend on the schools you applied to.

I think it takes 3 to 4 weeks for your DAT scores to be processed by the ADA, and then the schools will be able to receive them. As for interviews, which schools do you plan on applying to? Most schools have already started interviews and have spots booked until April (such as Case). Other schools, such as Tufts and Pittsburgh are just beginning to send out invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
all the ny schools..my top 2 are harvard and columbia..

I had a question about interviews..

So I took my dat on Sept 30 and got a nice score-TS:26 AA:24, and submitted everything online in June..however my committee letter was just recieved.
I ordered my DAT scores to schools and am just waiting on that..

Do I have a chance at first round interviews still? Does it take a long time after my official scores are recieved for interview invites to be sent out? Thanks!

Just an FYI if you mean your committee letter was just received by AADSAS expect a few weeks delay on their part as well, along with a couple more weeks for the schools to get it and process it on their end! I hope that doesn't discourage you, but I just thought you should know.

Just an FYI if you mean your committee letter was just received by AADSAS expect a few weeks delay on their part as well, along with a couple more weeks for the schools to get it and process it on their end! I hope that doesn't discourage you, but I just thought you should know.
No I meant the schools were the ones that got it..so its just the official DAT scores. I called Harvard and they said I could fax my scores but they needed the official scores before reviewing my application..Does anyone know if Stony Brook, NYU, Columbia, Tufts, UMDNJ will take the faxed scores or is it the same everywhere

I know for sure that NY and Stony Brook want official reports. I think the only school that will accept faxed copies is Nova.

No I meant the schools were the ones that got it..so its just the official DAT scores. I called Harvard and they said I could fax my scores but they needed the official scores before reviewing my application..Does anyone know if Stony Brook, NYU, Columbia, Tufts, UMDNJ will take the faxed scores or is it the same everywhere

All those schools will require an official score report from the ADA. You can still fax them your score report, but your app won't be considered complete without OFFICIAL scores.