interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental420

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
got an interview for nova today but is the fact that the only dates they have available arent until january something to be worried about?

Members don't see this ad.

got an interview for nova today but is the fact that the only dates they have available arent until january something to be worried about?

Nothing to be worried about, you got an invitation which is better than the people who didn't get one or just got plain rejected.

With that said, obviously you will not get a decision Pre-Dec1 which also means, by the time you interview, you will be competing with a LOT of people for an even more limiting number of seats.

Obviously, an interview in January is not as great as an invitation Pre-Dec1, but heck, I'd take an interview anytime of the year.

Nothing you can do about it now, just do well on the interview and GL :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a huge school with tons of applicants; do not worry at all.

It is a huge school with tons of applicants; do not worry at all.

To calm your nerves.

Realistically though, Nova has a 1/5 interview to acceptance ratio. That means while you have an interview, you only have a 20% chance of getting in. While I can't say for sure, I would think most of these spots are filled by Pre-Dec1 interviews.

So, guesstimating some, say 75% of the spots are filled... (I'm thinking more but let's just use 75%) which means there are only 25% spots left...

Edited : I did the math wrong... it's not making sense in my head. I just did 25% of 20% which is 5% but that seems wrong...
Took statistics 2 years ago so I totally forgot. Someone who is a statistician take a look at it, but the point is your chances are very slim.
This of course, is looking purely at raw statistics and numbers and doesn't take into considering of interview skills, extracurricular, experiences etc.

btw after nova sends you a pdf of your application, is there another "application complete" e-mail or is that just it?