Interview Questions for Ross University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImNotThatGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wondered if anyone here has interviewed for Ross University SVM yet. I have my interview coming up in January and am just looking for some practice questions for a mock interview I'm doing. I tried looking on the SDN interview website, but there's nothing there for Ross. Has anyone had an interview with Ross yet? What questions did they ask? Was there anything you felt unprepared for, or like you could have done better on?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I interviewed and have been accepted to Ross Vet program. To prepare for your interview I would just go over your application and essays. I just sat with the interviewer in a conference room and he just went over my application and asked me questions about it. For example, "What did you do at the zoo you volunteered at? What did you do at the hospital? Why do you want to be a vet? Will you be able to cope with living on the island? Do you think you can handle the rigors of the curriculum and why?"

It was a really relaxed interview compared to the State Vet school interview I have had before. The person who interviewed me was really nice and gave me lots of information about the school during my interview.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good Luck! =)

My experience was very similar to Strawberrie's. My interview was also very relaxed. My interviewer was a really nice guy and gave me a lot of information about the school and the island. He asked similar questions that are on the SDN interview website. I would just go through all the school's questions. Questions like "why do you want to be a vet?" "tell me about working at the SA hospital?" "Are you interested in specializing?" "tell me about your research experience" etc.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys!! this will help me prepare a lot. my manager at work has also offered to have a mock interview with me next week to help me prepare...so now i can use some of those questions to give to her to ask me!

Hey all. New here. I just got an interview for Ross University Vet School as well. I am very excited!

I have one question in addition to what has been answered. What did you wear? I have a nice suit that I am planning on wearing.

Hey all. New here. I just got an interview for Ross University Vet School as well. I am very excited!

I have one question in addition to what has been answered. What did you wear? I have a nice suit that I am planning on wearing.

i wore a black suit - as in, black dress pants and a black suit jacket, with black shoes. with a white collared shirt underneath. nothing flashy, just very professional. i'm a girl by the way lol.

i wore a black suit - as in, black dress pants and a black suit jacket, with black shoes. with a white collared shirt underneath. nothing flashy, just very professional. i'm a girl by the way lol.

I am a girl too! Thanks! Sounds like my suit will work!

Thanks for the info everyone! I am interviewing in San Diego next week!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the info everyone! I am interviewing in San Diego next week!

Hey BrumleyVet -
I just interviewed last week in Denver, CO. Just wondering how you got to interview in SD. Did you chose that or did the interviewer chose it for you? It's just that I would have much rather interviewed there (I went to undergrad at USD :))

Good luck on your interview:luck:

No idea why San Diego - I live in Washington and Seattle would have been easier (thought they had interviews there). Even Denver would have been cheaper (and easier flight wise) for me. Might be something to do with their scheduling but dunno....

jlm179 - definitely go with the suit!

Hi,
So I just found out I am having my interview in the Denver, CO office with Milena Garcia. Has anyone interviewed with her? If so how was she is she nice and what kind of questions did she ask? I am very nervous so I hope someone has a bit of advice.

Hi,
So I just found out I am having my interview in the Denver, CO office with Milena Garcia. Has anyone interviewed with her? If so how was she is she nice and what kind of questions did she ask? I am very nervous so I hope someone has a bit of advice.

This may be a little late but I actually used to date Milena for several years. I can tell you from a personal perspective that she's originally from Brazil, incredibly intelligent, nice, personable, compassionate, etc. I hope your interview went well.

This may be a little late but I actually used to date Milena for several years. I can tell you from a personal perspective that she's originally from Brazil, incredibly intelligent, nice, personable, compassionate, etc. I hope your interview went well.

Wow, thats an awesome coincidence that you used to date her!

My interview is with Nicole Gibbs in Atlanta in Feburary. Did anyone interview with her yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with her and it was pretty relaxed. It was about an hour and she asked general questions like: why did you choose this field, my life experiences and if I thought I could handle and adapt to life on the island. She is very nice so just be open and honest. Good luck!

Along with most of you on here I also have an interview coming up in Oklahoma. I am being interviewed by Mr. Rooney. Has any one been interviewed by him before? Have any of you been asked situational questions or questions about new things that are going on in the Veterinary field. Anything helps yall, send things my way!

Hi All!

I have an interview with Maria Mancia soon, any tips? Has anyone interviewed with her before or in Orlando, FL?

First interview! :D

Thanks!!!!! :):D:angelic:

I interviewed with her! She's really nice. I can't remember what questions she asked me specifically, but do remember her asking me about a couple classes I didn't do so hot in, and why I wanted to go to Ross. She's very easy going, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Hi las777!

Thats great to hear! I have the same case scenario, I have some classes I didn't do great in, so I guess she will ask me about that!

How did the interview go for you?

Did you make it to Ross?

Thanks for the response!!

I didn't interview with anyone listed above, mine was a skype interview with Dr. St Jean. He was really nice and spent most of the time talking about the island and asking me what I did to unwind after class. I felt like he was already happy with my Gpa and GRE scores so was just making sure I was a good fit for the school/island.

I'm at ross right now and I've talked with all my friends and they had a similar experience - all their interviewers were really laid back. Be sure to have some sort of travel anecdote prepared (I just talked about going on a cruise to the Caribbean) and some sort of "trying new things" story too. I talked about how I raised cattle in 4h and how my family knew nothing about livestock so I had to figure it all out on my own. They're looking for qualities that'll help you live on an island away from the comforts of home.

Don't stress too much about your interview, do a little research on your person and try to throw in some relevant tidbits to their interests if you can :) Dr St Jean is a large animal guy so I think he really enjoyed my cow stories.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't interview with anyone listed above, mine was a skype interview with Dr. St Jean. He was really nice and spent most of the time talking about the island and asking me what I did to unwind after class. I felt like he was already happy with my Gpa and GRE scores so was just making sure I was a good fit for the school/island.

I'm at ross right now and I've talked with all my friends and they had a similar experience - all their interviewers were really laid back. Be sure to have some sort of travel anecdote prepared (I just talked about going on a cruise to the Caribbean) and some sort of "trying new things" story too. I talked about how I raised cattle in 4h and how my family knew nothing about livestock so I had to figure it all out on my own. They're looking for qualities that'll help you live on an island away from the comforts of home.

Don't stress too much about your interview, do a little research on your person and try to throw in some relevant tidbits to their interests if you can :) Dr St Jean is a large animal guy so I think he really enjoyed my cow stories.
Hey
I have my interview on January 22nd
mine is also a skype interview . I wanted to know how's life in saint kitts?

Things move slowly down here, and they don't always go as planned. You definitely need to be flexible and laid back (if you aren't right now, you will be after your first few weeks). Sometimes it's frustrating but I LOVE it! The island is beautiful and everyone at Ross is so nice, they really care about their students.

has Anyone interviewed with Leslie Andersen?

has Anyone interviewed with Leslie Andersen?
I interviewed with a woman named Leslie, I can't for sure remember what her last name was though. It was in Chicago but she could have moved.