interview questions, help for 2005 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. N

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
Those of you who applied for 2004 and went thru interviews, please share questions you were asked.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dr. N,

Just go to the interview feedback link and pick whichever school you want. That's how most of us prepared for interviews. It has pretty much all the typical questions each school would ask. :luck:

shanddallar said:
Hey Dr. N,

Just go to the interview feedback link and pick whichever school you want. That's how most of us prepared for interviews. It has pretty much all the typical questions each school would ask. :luck:

I know about that link, just want to see if anything new came up this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. N said:
I know about that link, just want to see if anything new came up this year.
A lot of people have posted their impression from interviews this year. I added stuff for all of my interviews.

I have been asked: (no kidding!)

- "Why hieroglyphics?"
- (after some writing on a piece of paper) "Solve this derivative."

The first was an ice-breaker type question at UWash (I had just finished a course in hieroglyphics).
The second was done in complete jest at Northwestern's group interview. :D

sdn interview feedback will be far more productive than this thread.

yes, one time this lady asked me in the middle of my interview "how are you doing?"........I was like WTF and then I started freakin' out. That one blew me away. Luckily i didn't choke

All joking aside, the interview feedback site did help, but I would also recommend to you to both a. know your application inside and out and b. keep up with current events. In my interviews, I was asked some questions about my opinions on the healthcare bill (prescription drug benefits), right-to-die issues, etc., but, the main the topic at each interview was ME and my application. Who's a better expert on that than me??? Study up on your apps and be able to discuss everything on there and you'll do just fine. The interviews are the best part of the application process (unless you really loved the mcat or amcas....ugggggggg) and they're nothing to freak out about. :horns: