Interview Questions (IAUPR)..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeluveyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi to anyone who got interviewed by IAUPR...

what sort of questions do they asked you, so I can be prepared.. because I feel like they would throw some tricky questions at you like for example "Say a few things in Spanish" ..I would be like..."Hola" .......lol so please let me know so I can feel fully prepared for the interview..thanks. and good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Hello eyeluveyez,

Look at interview feedback here (SDN)...under "Questions"
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/iaupr/survey/26

In regards to your capability to speak Spanish, just be honest with your experience with the language (ie: that you may not be fluent, you took it during high school, etc). From there, the interviewer will not force you to prove your capability and will pick other type of questions to get to know you and if your fit for the program.

Personally, I had a great time with my interview. They are sooooooo friendly.

Hello eyeluveyez,

Look at interview feedback here (SDN)...under "Questions"
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/iaupr/survey/26

In regards to your capability to speak Spanish, just be honest with your experience with the language (ie: that you may not be fluent, you took it during high school, etc). From there, the interviewer will not force you to prove your capability and will pick other type of questions to get to know you and if your fit for the program.

Personally, I had a great time with my interview. They are sooooooo friendly.

I know people who have enrolled there that know absolutely no Spanish - you'll be fine. But do prep for the interview using the link above. I did that for each school I interviewed with and it helped a lot. They will still ask you some things that aren't on there, plus omit ones that are...but overall you will feel more comfortable and prepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it really easy said than done? I'm not very good interviewer, I get really nervous =/

Compile all the questions (like what the optoapp2012 suggested) and practice LOTS of mock interviews with your friends or optometrist.

With practices, you'll be able to find "a structure" (flow) on answering commonly asked type of questions (ie: Why optometry?, Why this institution?, etc). Hopefully, that will give you a sense of comfort when you are about to do the interview. Their is no way around it. Best Wishes!

Do you remember the person who interviewed you?

Hi guys, I'm currently finishing up my under grad with a science gpa of 3.2-3.3
My first choice is inter american. I'm stressing over admission every single day. I would like to know if anyone knows people who have got in without a bachelors degree? Please share your story! I would love to know your stats too please!!

Hi guys, I'm currently finishing up my under grad with a science gpa of 3.2-3.3
My first choice is inter american. I'm stressing over admission every single day. I would like to know if anyone knows people who have got in without a bachelors degree? Please share your story! I would love to know your stats too please!!
In my class, there are 2 without a bachelor's degree.

Also, are you attending inter american university of PR?