Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDS2310

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not searching for any specific universities, as a matter of fact, I think it would be beneficial if the university remained anonymous. What kind of questions should one expect when going into an interview for OT grad school?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview a couple weeks ago and these were some of the questions I was asked:

How did you become interested in OT?
How would you handle the school workload?
What are some characteristics you think OTs should have?
Name someone who has had a positive influence on your life and why.
How would you describe OT to someone who didn't know what it was?

My interview was very relaxed - it was more like a conversation than anything. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not searching for any specific universities, as a matter of fact, I think it would be beneficial if the university remained anonymous. What kind of questions should one expect when going into an interview for OT grad school?

Chatham U in Pittsburgh, PA

Why did you choose this school?
What made you go into OT?
In a short elevator conversation, how would you explain OT?
Explain your volunteer/observation areas? (I forget the wording but you had to explain what you saw/did/observed)
What is your weakness as an OT?

It was relaxed also….like hbroth said. It might depend where you are and who you are with. Good luck!

I have heard that some interviews may ask about medicare and medicaid, so know the differences between the two. Be able to explain the difference between OT and PT. Also, if you can, learn a little about the health care reform. If you google occupational therapy interview questions, there are some great links.