Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lady Tokimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have visited the Interview Feedback section on this website. I was wondering if any of you could help to clarify one of the questions that were listed.

- Tell me somethin about yourself that is not in your file -

Are they wantin to know pretty much anythin or do they have somethin specific that they want to hear from you? More about your character?? hobbies?? etc.

Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Lady Tokimi said:

Are they wantin to know pretty much anythin or do they have somethin specific that they want to hear from you? More about your character?? hobbies?? etc.

Anyone?

The answers in order are yes, yes and yes. I was asked this question in one form or another at just about every school (but i think it was LECOM that asked it exactly that way). It's open ended becasue they want to see two things:
1) how do you answer (are you evasive or forthright)
2) what do you say (do you tell them pos's or neg's)

My advice, think about how your friends would discribe you to someone else. Is there a single personal trait that tends to define you? If there is and it doesn't come clearly across in your personal statement, use that. Hobbies are also a great way to go becasue they can be spring boards to other questions. In one interview when I said that I like to read I was asked what my fav book was. I ended up talking to the panel about the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for 20 min. It turned out that the book was also the DO interviewers fav book as well.

Avoid BS with this question becasue they will smell it right away.

Lady Tokimi said:
I have visited the Interview Feedback section on this website. I was wondering if any of you could help to clarify one of the questions that were listed.

Anyone?

I think this is a good time to talk about something that is personal to you not related to school or medicine. The file is full of information why you would be a good doctor. Explain something that will show you can relate to your patients. Hobbies are good, musical instruments you play, any interesting vacations you have taken?

thanks for your replies. i appreciate them