Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothPrincess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have already graduated from college and I don't have a pre-health advisor to consult and I was wondering if you could throw out some pretty typical interview questions and what an expected answer would be for those questions... I dont know if anyone else wants to know this info, but I think that it would be helpful to many of us!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I have already graduated from college and I don't have a pre-health advisor to consult and I was wondering if you could throw out some pretty typical interview questions and what an expected answer would be for those questions... I dont know if anyone else wants to know this info, but I think that it would be helpful to many of us!!

If you click on the "Interview Feedback" link at the top of this page, it will take you to an area that has the information you're looking for. I don't know if it's a good idea to memorize standard answers to questions, but preparing for the interview is crucial.

There's an interview database SDN provides on the mainpage...that's a very good resource for interview questions. Some common ones are:

- Why dentistry? Why not medicine?
- Why <school of choice>?
- Discuss an ethical situation you've been in and how you handled it.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Why did you get a bad grade in <specific class>?
- Why did you do poorly in <section> of the DAT?