Interview: Ross D. Zafonte D.O.

His entire resume is incredibly impressive. However, how does one stay sane working 80-100 hours/wk with 2 weeks vacation while trying to maintain a family?

Members don't see this ad :)
"On average how many hours do you work a week? How many hours of sleep do you get each night? How many weeks of vacation do you take annually? I work between 80 and 100 hours per week and sleep around four hours per night. I typically take two weeks of vacation a year."

4 hrs a night sleep, working 80-100 hrs a week, no time for family or hobbies, sounds like a rough life.
If this is normal for PMR count me out.

His entire resume is incredibly impressive. However, how does one stay sane working 80-100 hours/wk with 2 weeks vacation while trying to maintain a family?

He'll never get those years back with his kids. I'd rather make less money and be lower on the totem pole of a career, and a be a major part of my kids' lives. But then again, to each his own.

Regardless, dude is a baller in his field.

Reactions: 1 user
"On average how many hours do you work a week? How many hours of sleep do you get each night? How many weeks of vacation do you take annually? I work between 80 and 100 hours per week and sleep around four hours per night. I typically take two weeks of vacation a year."

4 hrs a night sleep, working 80-100 hrs a week, no time for family or hobbies, sounds like a rough life.
If this is normal for PMR count me out.
It's not normal. It looks like Dr. Zafonte holds a few very high level positions that require considerable time commitments. In general, I think PM&R is considered to be one of the more lifestyle oriented specialties. Personally, I could never sustain those hours for a career.