Interview scheduling advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JVT4JC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an ii with MUCOM last week and got one more with KCUMB COM this week. I scheduled for MUCOM already. I just wonder if I should schedule for KCUMB COM before or after MUCOM. Given that fact that I consider KCUMB as my top choice. That's why i feel like i should do it later to get some experience from first interview. What do you think? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say schedule your top choice after your first interview. The first interview is always the most nerve wracking, so answers to questions don't always seem to come out as intended. Maybe you notice you speak too quickly when nervous, ramble on, or don't have the common questions answered as well as you would have liked. Point is, use that first interview to critique yourself and go over what went wrong and get better from there. You'll also find that the interview day isn't actually that bad and that the school is trying to sell themselves to you as much as you are trying to sell yourself to that school.

Personally, I scheduled an interview at a school I didn't care too much for before a school that I really wanted to get into and got accepted. Using that first interview to get all the kinks out of my interviewing skills and mindset definitely helped.

KCUMB was my top choice before I interviewed there. I had interviewed at MUCOM several weeks before KCUMB and I was incredibly impressed by MUCOM and very let down by KCUMB. In fact, I think I'd rather go to MUCOM over KCUMB now which is still shocking to me considering how pumped I was for KCUMB.

Scheduling doesn't matter too much just have an open mind going into both. Personally, I'd go to KCUMB first because their interview is so relaxed and easy. At Marian it is enjoyable but a little more stressful with the MMI and just some of the questions I personally got. PM if you have something specific to ask :)

Reactions: 1 user