Interview Scheduling Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have my UMDNJSOM interview currently scheduled for 10/27 and my UNECOM 10/28. I live in CT, halfway between them. I dont think it would be possible to drive from NJ after my 3pm interview to Maine for my 8am the next morning. I called UMDNJ and the earliest I can reschedule to is November 22nd, while UNECOM can be rescheduled to the 14, 16, or 18th of November. UMDNJ is my topchoice (well maybe Nova is now), but I had plans in Boston after my interview with my friend. So, Do I:

Try to make it from one to the other without rescheduling somehow?(if you have any idea how, please let me know)

Reschedule UMDNJ?

Reschedule UNECOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I have my UMDNJSOM interview currently scheduled for 10/27 and my UNECOM 10/28. I live in CT, halfway between them. I dont think it would be possible to drive from NJ after my 3pm interview to Maine for my 8am the next morning. I called UMDNJ and the earliest I can reschedule to is November 22nd, while UNECOM can be rescheduled to the 14, 16, or 18th of November. UMDNJ is my topchoice (well maybe Nova is now), but I had plans in Boston after my interview with my friend. So, Do I:

Try to make it from one to the other without rescheduling somehow?(if you have any idea how, please let me know)

Reschedule UMDNJ?

Reschedule UNECOM?

reschedule UNECOM, go to the UMDNJ interview. The plans with the friends can ALWAYS be rescheduled and if UMDNJ is one of your top choices you don't want to do anything to jepordize your chances. goodluck!

I agree, go with your number one if you can't make both. Flying is prob out of the question...I would seriously dobut there are a ton of reasonable flights going into maine at all hours of the night.

I had a similar situation with two of my interviews on back to back days with 7 hours between them. I made the drive because both were 8am interviews. I believe you have 9 hour drive between them (assuming no traffic) so it is possible, but you would likely get there at 3am. I got in for one of my interviews at 2am and even though it was hard to get up, by the time you get there the nerves kick in and you forget about being tired. It could actually be a fun experience if you can convince a friend / sig other to go with you...I drove it alone and still had a decent time. Guess it all depends on how much you want to go to your second choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh heh - I TOLD you you were going to NJ!!!
Congrats on the interview, Dr. Kuba - these are great problems to have.
I say reschedule the UNE interview, since by doing that, you are getting both done as early as reasonably possible. GOOD LUCK!!! :luck:

thanks a lot guys! I figured I would have to do that, but its hard to push an interview back when you want to get through them as quickly as possible:p .

thanks a lot guys! I figured I would have to do that, but its hard to push an interview back when you want to get through them as quickly as possible:p .

I also have my interview at umdnj on the 27th!! Mine is at 3:30 so I'm sure that I will see you. Congrats and good luck!

I would reschedule UNECOM just b/c there interviews have just started, so the class won't be as full later on and it won't have as much impact. In fact, they won't be sending out admissions letters until early Nov.

if u are really set on getting them both in, u could also see if a friend would be willing to drive, and atleast u could get some sleep in the car. i think your best bet though is to reschedule unecom. GL! i wish i had a umdnj interview...