Interview season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geek666

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether y'all know when interview season for residency spots begins, how long it lasts for, and when it usually ends? Does it vary by speciality? Thanks. :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

It does vary a little by specialty. For example, the SF Match results are out the last week of January so things start earlier and get wrapped up sooner.
I did neurology (which is regular match this coming year) and my first interview was September 30 and my last interview was January 12th.

My last Medicine interview was for sometime in February. (I don't remember exactly because I didn't need it so I cancelled it)

geek666 said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether y'all know when interview season for residency spots begins, how long it lasts for, and when it usually ends? Does it vary by speciality? Thanks. :) :)
Generally it lasts from November through January and it's a whole load of fun. Enjoy. :laugh:

geek666 said:
Hello everyone,

I did Medicine, and actually started late. My first interview was on Nov. 30, and the last on Jan 31. Most programs offered some interviews at early at Oct. 3, but I was working. And I couldn't get off of work. Regardless, it was all good!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do...