VolDental

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I have stumbled across several threads asking about rescinded acceptances and the typical response is that ADCOMS want you to maintain the GPA you applied with....If there is any truth to that, I have a 3.92 overall and science GPA...aka anything lower than an A does not "maintain" my GPA. I bring this up because as you all know, the interview semester can take away a lot of time from school, especially if you're like me and have to fly to basically every interview. Getting to the point....How will ADCOMS view your interview semester grades? I'm not saying I'm swinging straight D's or anything...but just from missing so much class its possible I won't "maintain" my GPA.

Last edited:

Typical Average Student

5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2014
Houston, TX
Status
Dental Student
I think what people mean by "maintain" your gpa, is to keep it within the general range you're applying with (ex. +/- 0.05) and not to drop your gpa significantly (+/- 0.1 or more) I'm sure dental schools won't rescind your acceptance because you didn't get straight A's again if you had a 4.0. Just don't let it drop too much :)

lak121727

5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2014
Fontana, California
Status
Dental Student
I'm a little concerned about this too. Look like I will most likely be getting a B in my upper division biology class. T__T

RuffDay

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2015
Status
Dental Student
You can get all B's and your acceptance won't be rescinded. In most cases, you just need to pass the courses.