Interview setting/environment (esp. SCCO, UCBSO, NOVA, ICO, & SUNY)

Started by alferec
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alferec

Future Army OD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the setting like for interviews? For example, are you sitting in a room with a big table between you and the interviewer(s)? Or do you sit on a desk while the interviewers sit on a table in front of you? I have no idea.

I would really like responses from SCCO, UCBSO, NOVA, ICO, & SUNY! 😎
 
At SUNY, you're sitting around a conference table with 3-4 interviewers. I don't remember the exact setup at my interview, but I think we were all pretty equally-spaced around the table -- it wasn't a firing-line kind of setup where I was the only one on one side with all of them on the other. 😉
 
r_salis said:
At SUNY, you're sitting around a conference table with 3-4 interviewers. I don't remember the exact setup at my interview, but I think we were all pretty equally-spaced around the table -- it wasn't a firing-line kind of setup where I was the only one on one side with all of them on the other. 😉

Yea, I thought it was going to be me on one side and 3 professors on the other. The table is medium sized. For me they were all sitting around the table, but I was a little bit farther from the equally spaced interviewers so it was somewhat like I imagined though not as extreme.