General Admissions & OTCAS Interview Short Notice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daj_ot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just heard back from one of the schools I applied to. I’m assuming their online interview dates have filled up already before extending an interview to me, the only options left were next Monday Nov 2 and then Jan 21.

This will be my first interview and I’m worried I won’t have enough time to prepare before Monday, but then again is a January interview too late for a rolling admissions program. Any suggestions would be great :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think a Monday interview would be better personally! There’s only so much prep you can do before an interview and the rest of it is just getting anxious about it coming up (lol ). Just make sure you have answers to the most commonly asked interview questions. Know your experiences. Know why you chose OT. And most importantly, know that you deserve this!! They chose you because they think you might be a good fit, show them that you are! Also make sure you have some questions for them too about their program because you need to know that the program is also a good fit for you.

You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
I think a Monday interview would be better personally! There’s only so much prep you can do before an interview and the rest of it is just getting anxious about it coming up (lol ). Just make sure you have answers to the most commonly asked interview questions. Know your experiences. Know why you chose OT. And most importantly, know that you deserve this!! They chose you because they think you might be a good fit, show them that you are! Also make sure you have some questions for them too about their program because you need to know that the program is also a good fit for you.

You got this!

Thanks for the advice!! @mbOT626
I asked a few OTs that I know and they too suggested to go with the Monday interview :) I’m gonna use the next few days prepping some answers.
Do you have any interview questions that you remember from your rounds? Things I should focus on? I’m so nervous :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice!! @mbOT626
I asked a few OTs that I know and they too suggested to go with the Monday interview :) I’m gonna use the next few days prepping some answers.
Do you have any interview questions that you remember from your rounds? Things I should focus on? I’m so nervous :eek:

Definitely know the typical ones like: why OT? What leadership experiences do you have? Why this program specifically? Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge, how did you overcome it? What is the most important quality an OT should have

Also be prepared to talk about your leadership, OT, and research experience.

I would suggest also having questions toask them at the end! Some you might consider would be: what prep do you offer for the NBCOT? What is your fieldwork experience like? Do we get to choose our location of our level 2 fieldwork? Is there any scholarships, grants, GA positions available?

You’re going to rock it! Glad you decided to go with Monday :)

Reactions: 1 users