Interview/ Showcase Decorum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bronte

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to schedule interviews outside my showcase rotation next month but I am having trouble avoiding this. I have already scheduled one. Is this really bad? It looks like I might have to schedule another one in that same month and this is based on alternate dates I requested. Yikes!

Also - are u guys flying in the day before and staying in a hotel- I guess you sort of have to- are u flying the night before? because then it becomes 2 days off!

anyway...... back to studying for Comlex II

Members don't see this ad.

Bronte said:
I am trying to schedule interviews outside my showcase rotation next month but I am having trouble avoiding this. I have already scheduled one. Is this really bad? It looks like I might have to schedule another one in that same month and this is based on alternate dates I requested. Yikes!

Also - are u guys flying in the day before and staying in a hotel- I guess you sort of have to- are u flying the night before? because then it becomes 2 days off!

I'm sure others have a different opinion on this, but I would try to schedule as few interviews as possible during your audition elective. If its unavoidable, they'll understand of course. I literally dropped *everything* outside of work during my elective.

As far as flying, I'm scheduling my interviews in the same city in close proximity to one another so that I can take 4-5 days for each city. I am flying in the night before too.

Bronte said:

turns out some of the programs are having informal dinners the night before the interview. may be a good idea to go to those.

Thanks Avatar! I will be going to the Rochester one in a couple of weeks- anyone else going? :)