Interview Suit Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwadeffan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if a Blue suit would look professional in the interview. something like http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...gid=403x4243&gclid=CIeZ6oaexM4CFVRZhgod9zUE_w

I was thinking of wearing a white dress shirt and a blue tie to match this. Would brown oxford shoes also be professional or should i stick with black dress shoes

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it looks professional. You can wear brown shoes with a blue suit. Just make sure the belt matches the shoes.

Reactions: 1 user
Navy blue is arguably the best choice for an interview suit. Some people say black suits are only acceptable for funerals and black tie events, but whatever the case, your choice will work great.

Black or brown shoes will work, but like the poster above said, make sure they match your belt. Make sure that your suit fits properly as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
A darker navy blue looks more professional imo

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

shoes1.jpg shoes2.jpg shoes3.jpg are these shoes formal enough for the interviews? Thanks in advance!

Do people just wear black ever? I feel like everyone's going navy

Black is for funerals and very formal events. Navy and charcoal are the everyday standard. Those shoes should be fine if worn with a suit.