Interview thank you notes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.TurkandJD

One Dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard mixed responses from numerous sources when it comes to thank you letters post-interviews. What are your opinions? Hand written or typed up? Emailed or snailmailed?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard mixed responses from numerous sources when it comes to thank you letters post-interviews. What are your opinions? Hand written or typed up? Emailed or snailmailed?

Thank you!

Email. Easier for them to ignore if they aren't interested.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Thank you!

I emailed thank you letters to my interviewers because my hand writing is horrible. They all responded with the generic "it was nice to meet you and good luck with this application cycle".

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you!

I doubt you could go wrong with a classy, hand written thank you note. Maybe there's some people out there who think they're too busy/good/etc for them but its the respectful thing to do. At the very least, an email would be sufficient. I've done both but I ALWAYS do something. Respect goes a long ways

I was thinking about handwriting it, but I have AWFUL penmanship and I could say a lot more via a typed up letter. What if I type it up and put it in a thank you card?

I doubt you could go wrong with a classy, hand written thank you note. Maybe there's some people out there who think they're too busy/good/etc for them but its the respectful thing to do. At the very least, an email would be sufficient. I've done both but I ALWAYS do something. Respect goes a long ways

Great advice!

I was thinking about handwriting it, but I have AWFUL penmanship and I could say a lot more via a typed up letter. What if I type it up and put it in a thank you card?

:thumbup:

Ihave also heard from a professional interviewer thay it looks very old fashion to hand write a thank you card. she suggest that I should just send it via email

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

I sent a quick e-mail to mine. Don't forget, they are busy and you're still currently an AACOMAS number.

I emailed and was accepted at both schools, one of my interviewers responded with the generic "thanks, gl", one responded by complimenting my interview skills and two ignored it lol

I sent a thank you note or two to every school that I interviewed at except to Western (I ran out of notes).

I figured it's a nice gesture to let them know that I appreciated their time. It really cannot hurt. I think sending them cards shows the schools that you genuinely care about the process.

emailed and was accepted at both schools, one of my interviewers responded with the generic "thanks, gl", one responded by complimenting my interview skills and two ignored it lol
I don't think sending them cards has any bearing on chances of being accepted...

I think e-mail is the best way to go if you plan on writing anything. I'm not trying to say don't write a personalized thank you note; I agree that is a very nice gesture. E-mail is just more practical, especially if you want to ask them additional questions that you thought of after interviewing. It will be way easier for them to keep in contact with you through e-mail then having them look you up in their system in order to respond to you (if they plan on responding at all). None of my interviewers wrote me back, so this is how I came to my conclusion. You were, after all, looking for opinions. Just my $0.02.

Thank you!
Absolutely no one believes thank you notes. Not sending one is completely acceptable.

I was never saying it's a must but thank you notes are not conditional. Call me old fashioned but I believe that it's the right thing to do just because. It has nothing to do with getting a leg up

Reactions: 1 user
I was never saying it's a must but thank you notes are not conditional. Call me old fashioned but I believe that it's the right thing to do just because. It has nothing to do with getting a leg up
+1

I just think it's a nice thing to do. Regardless of acceptance, it just leaves a nice impression.