Interview thanks you's via email or snail mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ingridska

KCUMB 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was always told to send actual paper thank you's via snail mail to interviewers. However, it seems like some schools, especially KCUMB, notifies interviewees really quickly about acceptance. So would an email be more appropriate so that the interviewer gets it right away, or is the old-fashioned well still preferred? What did other people do, and why?

Members don't see this ad.

ingridska said:
I was always told to send actual paper thank you's via snail mail to interviewers. However, it seems like some schools, especially KCUMB, notifies interviewees really quickly about acceptance. So would an email be more appropriate so that the interviewer gets it right away, or is the old-fashioned well still preferred? What did other people do, and why?

I don't think it really matters how you send your note. I think these days either is acceptable. Almost everyone has an e-mail address these days, so why not make use of them? Personally, I don't think it would look unprofessional to send an e-mail thank you vs. a thank you letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent email thank yous to each interviewer from every school I interviewed at and have received positive responses from all of them. I know that snail mail might look better, but some are concerned about the time and money associated with sending out a lot of thank you notes. I guess email's better than nothing.

J-Smitty

PS - HunterGatherer, your icon cracks me up